_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
My latest figure/bust
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 662 posts
Armorama: 457 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 10:49 PM UTC
100mm bust done in tube oils.

Pictures taken before clearcoat was applied.

swat35
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 11:06 PM UTC
Jessie I love it. You can hide imperfections in 1/35 and especially in braille but not in these guys. What jumps out at me is the beautiful shading on every aspect of your work especially the parka, roping and cleats and the facial tones. I'm not sure if he's ready to speak or take an order, but overall I get a sense of worry in his face. Or is it confidence? To me thats what makes a great piece.
Terry
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 662 posts
Armorama: 457 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 11:42 PM UTC
I bought this for about 70 usd at a recent model show. I feel that this company (mj miniatures) models their kits from real people in movies. The boxart from this looked like Ed Harris from Enemy at the Gates. They also had a US tanker that seemed to have been modeled from Brad Pitt from Fury.
I bought this one because I thought it was Ed Harris from Enemy at the Gates. I found later that its just a figure that happens to look like him, and is a soldier from a mountain division.
Overall, the molding on the kit is excellent. If you are looking for a kit that has good molding, this brand is very nice. Sometimes, when you have two pieces that join together, they don't like to always come together perfectly. This one happens to be the hands. The hands are molded to the rifle, so the first expectation I had was that they wouldn't join up to the cuffs well. I had no issues, versus another brand (RP models) that I bought at the same show that I cant get to fit right without major modification (the John Basilone figure-both hands are on an MG), and I still don't know if I will be able to get it to go seamlessly.
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 03:33 AM UTC
Very nice ! Really need to see well the colors to make those type of work.
americanpanzer
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 542 posts
Armorama: 539 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 05:03 AM UTC
Awesome work!!
Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 07:13 AM UTC
Very nice. To me he has the look of weariness and resignation of one who has seen many battles but is duty bound to carry on in spite of it all.
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 2,493 posts
Armorama: 2,344 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 11:04 PM UTC
This is very nice!
 _GOTOTOP