_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Condolences to one of the best dio builders
pnance26
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 766 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 07:41 PM UTC
While he doesn't do much in the way of military or armor, if you have been around diorama building or Scale Auto Magazine much, you will recognize the name of Ken Hamilton.

Ken's latest build was a 1/24th scale two story motel. Ken was recognized by an architecture panel and awarded a prize recently for this build. It is but one of many excellent pieces of work.

Yesterday, through social media, Ken announced the passing of his best friend and wife of 30 years due to pancreatic cancer. Ken's post was heartwrenching and saddening. Cancer is a scourge of our society and I can only wish there was a way to truly "stand up 2 cancer" and bring it an end.

My best wished and sincerest condolences go to Ken and his family at this time of grief. God speed, Judy. Your pain is at an end.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 07:50 PM UTC
Condolences to his friends and family.
J
callmehobbes
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 11:45 PM UTC
My condolences to the family.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 - 07:30 AM UTC
My condolences as well. My wife and I have been married 39 years now, and she is a cancer survivor, so my sympathies are with him. hopefully someday medical science will find a cure for this terrible disease that claims so many.
VR, Russ
11Bravo_C2
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 475 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 - 06:10 PM UTC
My condolences to the family. Prayers sent.
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 - 06:49 PM UTC
Pancreatic cancer is possibly one of the worst ones to get as it's incredibly fast acting. It's mortality rate is one of the highest even with surgical intervention. I got the all clear last year which was a relief as it was hanging over me as I had two growths on my pancreas (I suffer with chronic pancreatitis so have an idea of the pain his wife must have been in). My condolences to Ken and at the same time at least his wifes pain has gone.
 _GOTOTOP