_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 land rover sayeret aef designs
bjvannifterik
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2016 - 11:21 PM UTC
Dear fellow modellers,

For my diorama of Israeli soliders uncovering a hamas tunnel I am looking for someone who can help me with the aef designs sayeret 'raider'land rover.
Model: IDF Sayeret Land Rover conversion for Tamiya Pink Panther
Number: KI-19
Brand: AEF designs
Schale: 1/35
I know that everybody says that aef designs has poor quality but I am just curious who got this vehicle (there are no website's to buy this kit, all out of stock).

Thanks in advance,
Barend Jan
brian638
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 318 posts
Armorama: 263 posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2016 - 12:41 AM UTC
AEF have really had a lot of bad press (personally - I agree with all of it). The kits were often quite poor although there were few gems to be found.

Your Land Rover conversion needs to be based on the later Hobby Boss chassis as the IDF vehicle is based on the later Defender and not the Series 3 vehicle. A good start would be the Ranger SOV it is much closer to your desired vehicle.
bjvannifterik
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2016 - 11:03 PM UTC
I know about AEF designs is know to make kits and conversions of very bad quality and have horrible customer service but I was looking for that kit to have an idea how to build it and maybe scratch some parts and indeed, also use hobbyboss Ranger special operations vehicle, but on hobbyeasy.com is this was the title of the kit. So my question is mainly where to find this kit and reference about this vehicle. So it would be greatly appreciated if you knew where to buy this kit...

thanks,
BJ
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2016 - 11:16 PM UTC
Could this site help?
http://www.isayeret.com/content/vehicles/ground/landrover/gallery.shtml
 _GOTOTOP