Hosted by Darren Baker
Photos of 1:72 models
Cactus911
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 02:17 PM UTC
I posted a few photos (I have horrible luck in getting it to focus when I'm taking shots on my work table) of some of my work-in-progress models. I have the Revell PzIIIM, PST ISU-152, and Italeri Elefant in my gallery.

Thanks for looking.

Stephen
Katyusha
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 110 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 02:56 PM UTC
I have that same problem when I'm taking pictures of my modles
Wanze
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 277 posts
Armorama: 88 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:00 PM UTC
Hi Cactus911,

I also have difficulty focusing in macro shots with my digital camera. Anyway, your builds look great from the images. I can't comment too much with the other details because the images are not so sharp. The Elefant diorama looks quite cool. Although with a tighter composition, it would have been more dramatic.

I'm building the 1/72 Dragon Ferdinand and I would like to see how you handled the paintwork on your Elefant. I know Italeri bought the ESCI molds of the Elefant. Did your kit come wih the interior details?

Hope to see better images soon. i would really like to see the details.

Cheers,
Wanze
Cactus911
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 03:08 PM UTC
Thanks for the comments.

The Elefant diorama was, as everything is at this point for me, a learning experience and my first time using a number of different things (Celluclay, flocking, churned mud, etc.) I plain ran out of patience with it, as I believe I made some fundamental mistakes at the beginning that I'd rather move on from (like not painting the twigs before putting them on the Elefant).

The Elefant did come with a rudimentary interior. I went dark panzer grey with small mostly vertical streamers of panzer green with the airbrush. I washed it plenty and put some rain streaks on it. I'm actually most impressed with the way that the airbrush was able to blend the vehicle with the muddy groundwork by spraying the craft paint on the running gear and lower edges.

Stephen
 _GOTOTOP