1/35 Iran army M38A1C jeep
voryah
Visit this Community
Iran / فارسى
KitMaker: 131 posts
Armorama: 131 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 12:40 AM UTC
Hi everyone

Here's my AFV club 1/35 M38AC1 jeep with reconciles rifle paint as Iran army jeep During Iran-Iraq war.
The kit was just perfect and i enjoyed lot the only AM i add was Voyager model metal barrel for the 106mm reconciles rifle , decals are home made too. i hope you like it .thanks to seeing it .

Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 01:25 AM UTC
Again, a fine piece of work!

I have this kit in my stash and I'm looking forward to building it... I believe Warriors used to have a set of three Iranian figures for it, but it went out of production.. I keep hoping some company would buy their molds and recast those figures... I'll keep dreaming

Hisham
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 03:36 PM UTC
I built this jeep, the three Warriors figures and the pipeline base that went with them many years ago. All very nice- I wish Warriors moulds would make a come-back too!

As for the Jeep, it looks excellent Vorya- I really like what you've done with the paintwork and weathering- its not over-done and it shows a nice amount of dust and dirt from use.
CDK
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 358 posts
Armorama: 339 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 05:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I keep hoping some company would buy their molds and recast those figures... I'll keep dreaming

Hisham

They were bought, along with many other companies like Trackz etc. in the big MMD purchase of VLS.

Those molds have been in their hands since 2007-ish? Unfortunately I just don't see it happening
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 07:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi everyone

Here's my AFV club 1/35 M38AC1 jeep with reconciles rifle paint as Iran army jeep During Iran-Iraq war.
The kit was just perfect and i enjoyed lot the only AM i add was Voyager model metal barrel for the 106mm reconciles rifle , decals are home made too. i hope you like it .thanks to seeing it .

For some reason I can't view the photos (must be my day for computer glitches), so, I'll assume you have done some very nice work!

Side note: I use to fly to your country in the mid to late 70's. Loved downtown Tehran, the 'sheet bread' fresh from the ovens, the old buildings, the tapestry I bought, and the 10 lanes of traffic on a 3 lane road...
Kilo_Uniform
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 280 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 08:37 PM UTC
Hi Vorya,

Excellent model!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

I have this kit in my stash as well and I'm looking forward to building it.

Regards,
Kobus
voryah
Visit this Community
Iran / فارسى
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 09:29 PM UTC
Thank you so much all for your comments i'm glad you like it .
Lucky me last year i got one set of the WORRIER Iran army jeep crew and i'll use them in my future project !
voryah
Visit this Community
Iran / فارسى
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 09:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

For some reason I can't view the photos (must be my day for computer glitches), so, I'll assume you have done some very nice work!

Side note: I use to fly to your country in the mid to late 70's. Loved downtown Tehran, the 'sheet bread' fresh from the ovens, the old buildings, the tapestry I bought, and the 10 lanes of traffic on a 3 lane road...

Hi John

Sorry i don't know why you can't see my photos but if you like it's on my FB profile as well .
Yes you right about Tehran but i'm living in Sanandj city - Kurdistan province i real wish in near future again you have trip to Iran and see what is changed after 4 decade i really like all American have trip to Iran and see with there eyes Iran is not that country which shows in medias !
Regards
bat-213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 05:02 AM UTC
great build ,very nice work .
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 06:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi John

Sorry i don't know why you can't see my photos but if you like it's on my FB profile as well .
Yes you right about Tehran but i'm living in Sanandj city - Kurdistan province i real wish in near future again you have trip to Iran and see what is changed after 4 decade i really like all American have trip to Iran and see with there eyes Iran is not that country which shows in medias !
Regards

I know very well what the media shows...and Iran and the U.S. are usually shown in very negative light to one another all the time...usually violent examples. When I visited Iran, people were extremely friendly, courteous towards Americans (Westerners in general), more than willing to invite you for dinner. At the time when I would stay at the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown Tehran, I could never buy a beer at the Hotel lounge...there was always a friendly Iranian buying. We had conversations like everyone else: hope for a good life, good family core, success in the work place, places to vacation, retirement, sports...the list goes on and on. I would love to revisit one day...
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 10:47 PM UTC
Very nice job Vorya!
voryah
Visit this Community
Iran / فارسى
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 02:24 AM UTC
Thank you so much Roy and Patrick !
voryah
Visit this Community
Iran / فارسى
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 02:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi John

Regards

I know very well what the media shows...and Iran and the U.S. are usually shown in very negative light to one another all the time...usually violent examples. When I visited Iran, people were extremely friendly, courteous towards Americans (Westerners in general), more than willing to invite you for dinner. At the time when I would stay at the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown Tehran, I could never buy a beer at the Hotel lounge...there was always a friendly Iranian buying. We had conversations like everyone else: hope for a good life, good family core, success in the work place, places to vacation, retirement, sports...the list goes on and on. I would love to revisit one day...

Yes John we think the Gust are God ! if any time you come to Iran let me know i really like be my gust it will be great honer for me . cheers
 _GOTOTOP