_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Su-85 by MiniArt
Dimitar
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 287 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 11:43 AM UTC

Next in line, after Su-122 early and late, Su-85. I suppose they will follow the lead with interior and engine of -122.
hanb7323
Visit this Community
Daejeon, Korea / 대한민국
KitMaker: 408 posts
Armorama: 407 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 01:19 PM UTC
Take my money!!! Please~~~~!!
avenue
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 02:05 PM UTC
is the quality of the miniart's plastic improve?
big problem with miniart was there plastic were very brittle.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 02:48 PM UTC
xc xc xc xc xc m-p,-p, z[quote]is the quality of the miniart's plastic improve?
big problem with miniart was there plastic were very brittle. [/quot

MINIART improved their plastic a few months ago- You shouldn't encounter any problems with kits that were manufactured recently. Kits that have been on the shelves for a while will still have the brittle plastic.

What I do is, I carefully cut the part from the parts runner close to the runner, (NOT close to the part), then I file and sand the excess plastic down to the part itself. I don't use tweezers to hold the small parts when I am engaged in this process; tweezers have a maddening propensity for shooting small parts into outer space, never to be found again! You need to hold the part gently with your finger tips to prevent this from happening- Patience IS KEY!

Also, I see that MINIART has a new figure set in development over on the CYBERMODELER site, under the"What's New" segment; you can access this by entering "cybermodeler what's new" on your computer or smartphone-

The new figure set is:

35198 "GERMAN TANK CREW AT REST"- This new set has a German Tank Crew in "casual poses", with some of the Crew Members featuring examples of various "partial" Uniform, and one of the figures is shown with an open overcoat. A pig is also featured, no doubt to become a tasty "near-future meal" for this Crew, as the guys are smiling down upon it! Poor pig!
phantom8747
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 273 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 06:03 PM UTC
Looks like Miniart maybe the go to for Russian Armor,T-44,T-54B and now the Su-85.
jimc101
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 - 02:37 PM UTC
I'm sure I have read they are doing a T-34 series as well somewhere (makes sense with when they have done the chassis)

M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 - 05:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm sure I have read they are doing a T-34 series as well somewhere (makes sense with when they have done the chassis)

A T-34 series from MINIART? You might possibly be thinking of ICM's T-34s??? I haven't seen any news from MINIART regarding a "future" 1/35 T-34 series, but IMO, that would be GREAT NEWS!

The only thing from MINIART that I HAVE seen even remotely related to a T-34 is this:

MINIART 35205 1/35 T-34 (V-2-34) ENGINE and TRANSMISSION Set...

I'm pretty sure that this Engine and Transmission Set are meant for the modellers who have expressed concern over the omission of a Transmission in MINIART's T-44/T-44M series kits. If that's the case, why couldn't MINIART just go ahead and issue a slightly pricier (?) series of T-44s including the Transmissions, since the kits ALREADY include the Engines? I don't know...

Perhaps there ARE T-34s in the MINIART pipeline that they are keeping under wraps, in order to avoid being DELUGED by emails from expectant and impatient modellers..?
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 - 11:56 PM UTC
Reported in January:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/243547

Link to Miniarts catalogue showing different versions of SU-85 and SU-122 ...
https://issuu.com/miniart-models/docs/miniart_2016
 _GOTOTOP