_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Colors for modern UCP?
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 12:42 AM UTC
I'm going to try my hand at painting some UCP/ACUPAT but I'm not sure which colors that I have would be more or less right. I primed the still unbuilt figure in Mr. Surfacer 1200. I have Tamiya Buff, along with Humbrol 129 US Gull Gray Satin, 125 US Dark Gray Satin and HU22 Blue Gray ANA 603. I have some PollyScale Underside Gray and Bright Sea Gray along with AK Haze Gray 5-H, Ocean Gray 5-O and Light Gray 5-L. I'm not sure which colors would be better suited to paint this. Or are all the colors I have suitable?
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 02:46 AM UTC
Michael, the Army's Universal Camoflage Pattern is two colors of sage green over a tan base. If covered with dust, the colors do look more gray than green. They also fade to Gray shades. If the grays you have listed have a green tint then they are suitable. The boots are a tan suede. The t-shirt is a shade of tan that is called sand. It also has a very light green tint. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Eric
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 03:19 AM UTC
I had actually looked at the paint chart from the Academy M1151 kit I had and it listed some paints for their view of UCP. Calls for a Buff color and then 2 grays. Now the more important part is figuring out how to paint it. Going through some tutorials is helping.
 _GOTOTOP