_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Best D-Day paratrooper figure?
Vierville
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 372 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 08:05 PM UTC
Hi all. I have the Dragon 6010 set of D-Day paratroopers but to be honest this 1993-vintage set,while very nice,is lacking in crispness and detail and stands out in a negative way from much more recently produced 1:35 figures which have far crisper detail.

All the Master Box paratroopers I have are wearing the wrong uniforms for 101st or 82nd Airborne paratroopers (not the M1942 Jackets and trousers ) so they are out of the question for me,and the Miniart Airborne set that is available has lower jacket pockets that are ridiculously oversized so isorry also nother on my list.

I'm now thinking of resin D-day paratroopers to depict 101st and 82nd Airborne 1:35 figures,but with no knowledge of what's out there,I was hoping someone could point out to me what is generally regarded as the very best manufacturer to get? I've done some Google research and Nemrod seems very nice,but any recommendations would be much appreciated!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 08:27 PM UTC
I agree about Nemrod. I have a few Nemrod figures. They are moulded sharp and crisp, and are pretty accurate. They are, however, quite pricey. If you're looking for a group in consistent poses for an action dio, Nemrod is the way to go. Other companies make good figures but only singles, and not always action poses. You could try Ant miniatures, and Minisoldiers. Also try Google: https://www.google.ca/search?q=1/35+scale+us+paratroopers&biw=1600&bih=791&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjc8ryepaXNAhVCMFIKHTOtCWcQsAQIGg#imgrc=crznRkl7tD1pvM%3A
Vierville
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 372 posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2016 - 01:33 AM UTC
Thanks! Yes,it looks like Nemrod does two excellent D-Day pathfinders that seem extremely accurate and detailed,right down to the leg-strapped Hawkins mines! I'm probably going to get these two figures,but from what I've seen the Garand and Thomson smg that the figures are respectively armed with come molded with the figures hands attached. I'd prefer to use Dragon Gen2 weapons so will have to sand off the resin weapons. I hope this will be do-able?

j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 - 10:07 PM UTC
try ebay or amazon. verliden and masterbox has some
 _GOTOTOP