_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Markings for Flakscheinwerfer 37 - 150cm ?
Redhand
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 05:23 AM UTC
Good evening. Normally I can be found over at Aeroscale, where I have been obsessed with a B-17F model in 1/48 scale for some time. I'm strictly a WWII airplane guy except that during the course of this build I have become intrigued by "the opposition" on the ground.

After I get finished with the 17 I'm going to try my hand at the Italeri 1/48 88, the Tamiya 20mm Flakvierling 38 in 1/48, and last but not least this kit from Wespe Models: the "Flakscheinwerfer 37" in 1/48.

The searchlight kit came in the mail the other day. It's resin, of course and looks "buildable" though I note that I'm going to have to re-do the searchlight front using thin acrylic sheet or some thin Plexiglas. (The kit part really looks like a template for something else).

Anyway, the kit comes with no decals whatsoever. Can someone suggest some sources? That goes for the other two Flak gun kits as well. What I'm looking for are unit markings for units stationed in Western Europe for "Defense of the Reich".

I'm also not terribly interested in exotic color schemes for these kits: just looking to do them in single colors. Could you tell me what shade of gray should be used and suggests some particular paints for it?

Thanks in advance guys.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 05:54 AM UTC
Hey Brian,
Welcome to the grounded side! Here is a link on German flak units.
http://www.ww2.dk/ground/flak.html
Lots of info to help you get to other places.

That gray is Tamiya panzer gray. In 1943 it was mostly replaced by Dunkel gelb which is also made as Tamiya Dark Yellow.

Gaz
Redhand
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 05:59 AM UTC
OK Gary. I'll check it out!
 _GOTOTOP