_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Friulmodel ATL-13 Pz 38(t) tracks question
phleck
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 06:31 AM UTC
Hello all,

This is my first post, so go easy on me. I'm just getting back into scale modeling after a 10 year drought. I recently purchased the Tamiya Marder III kit (35248). Wow, what a great kit this is. Anyway, here's my question: Does the Friulmodel Panzer 38(t) tracks with sprocket kit (ATL-13) fit this Tamiya kit?

Also, anyone who has experience with some of the detail kits for the Marder III -- feel free to post your recommendations as well.

Thanks!
Matt
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 07:28 AM UTC
In answer to your question, yes the tracks will fit... but you may need a bit of a spacer. The model kastens came with a spacer... it seems the tamiya sprockets and idlers were about 1 mm to small so they give you a ring to insert into the sprockerts and idlers.

I am currently building this kit using the following -

Warriors Photoetch Set - Very nice, reasonably sized set. Includes fenders, tool brackets, fire extinguisher brackets, and a couple of new tool/storage boxes.

Verlinden Marder Interior- I would give it a three out of five. The contents of this set are very nice. However, they just don't look much like the interior of a Marder III to me. The instructions even tell you to remove some parts from the Right Hand Side wall??? Go figure. The interior details look to me like the inside of a Panzer 38(t). The transmission and seats are good though. And the ammo racks are a marginal improvement over the kit parts.

ModelKasten Tracks - I really like the look of these. The detail is all there and nice and crisp.

I also have all THREE Aber sets for the Marder. I would recommend intensive Inpatient Therapy upon completion of a project using these three sets... I mean man, every thing is in there... someday I'll be using them.. but not the first time out on this kit.

Part also makes some very nice set of details for this kit.

The Royal Models set is worth every dime. I think that this set may be the best of the bunch because it all comes in one package. And the price while high... is equal to buying three Aber sets.

The barrel? Well, your sort of on your own here. I tried to get the Jordi Rubio barrel to fit.. but it just didn't quite line up right... and the muzzle brake was way too small. So, I didn't use it. I just used the kit barrel which is very, very nice and has the proper dimension for that BIG fat muzzle brake.

I'll be posting some picks later tonight of the currrent state of the project.
Later,
Tim
 _GOTOTOP