_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
E-Z Water
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 09:54 AM UTC
Iam working on a small dio., and iam thinking of putting in a small river. The scale is 1/144 scale so I wont need much detail. Does anyone have any tips on working with this, coloring the water, mixing 2 different colors in the water?

thanks,
Mike
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 10:02 AM UTC
Sorry Mike, i can't help you on this one. But i would like to know how to use the newer form of e-z water called realistic water by Woodland Scenics? Does anyone have tips on this? Are you supposed to mix paint with it or paint the ground underneath the color you want?

Any help or advice is much appreciated. :-)

Thanks,
Mark
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 04:07 AM UTC
I've seen this stuff too and was courious as well. I found a little discusion on it from "The Clubhouse"

The Scenic Route
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 12:49 PM UTC
EZ is pretty good stuff... a poly resin in a 1:1 mix... the only thing you MUST make sure of is to get a GREAT / THOROUGH mixing of the two elements, or you will wind up with a sticky mess! i use an electic paint stirer... but you might consider putting a few wedges of small wood onto the end of your DREMAL ROTARY TOOL, or pehaps even use one of those vibrating toothbrushes that are sold in stores for around $5.95... both part A and part B are pretty "clear" so it's a little hard to tell when you have made a good solid mix. Be sure to go up and down the sides of your stirring containers, and also to go up and down, as one fluid is heavier than the other.

Once everything is mixed right (about two minutes minimum!), start pouring. You will have about a 10-15 minute "working time" to move the fluid around, and to pop trapped air bubbles. If the bubbles are "deep" in the pour, use a wet needle to move the bubble away from what it is clinging to. If the bubble is near the surface, then try blowing gently on it or perhaps use a hot hair dryer set on the lowest setting. This keeps the surface moving and liquid, allowin the gas pocket to escape and pop.

Before tackling your diorama with this stuff, practice on a few junk tests.... it is not hard at all, and gives very nice results!

Keith
 _GOTOTOP