_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Lssah normandie
sylvain6666
Visit this Community
Meurthe-et-Moselle, France
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 09:05 PM UTC
Hi to all of you

I am looking to build vehicles of lssah in normandie and I wish to obtain additionnal informations

For Panther g I wish to know which camo is used green splotches outlined in red brown or invert?
It seems also that this pattern is use on Panther a late

I also wish to build a panzer h is it still in use within
?
Thanks in advance for replies and potentially pictures

Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 09:34 PM UTC
There are these pics of LSSAH Panthers passing through Paris on their way to Normandie Front:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-721-0395-26,_Paris,_Panzer_V_(Panther)_vor_Arc_de_Triomphe.2.jpg
http://pre15.deviantart.net/bef4/th/pre/i/2012/020/6/4/03_paris_panther_by_wolfenkrieger-d4n0z7l.jpg
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Medium_Tanks/Panzer-V_Panther/Panzer-V_Panther_Ausf_G_Paris44.png
sylvain6666
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 09:39 PM UTC
Thanks for the pictures what do you think

Brown sploches outlined in green or green sploches outlined in green

Thanks
sylvain6666
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 09:47 PM UTC
I ask this question because I have seen 2 panthers one here and one on a network 54 realised with brown outlined in green
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 09:59 PM UTC
I have seen color illustrations of both...maybe both types of pattern existed. But in the B/W photos, a thinner line of different color can clearly be seen around the larger spots.
BTW; these Panthers are identified as belonging to 1st Battalion (Abteilung), of 1st Pz. Regiment, between 17 - 23 June, in Paris.
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 10:25 PM UTC
I'm doing the same thing at the moment and there does appear to be some variation in vehicle camouflage as they had refitted in Belgium in April 1944 after being transferred from the Eastern Front where they'd been badly mauled. Naturally as they only had two months before they were once again sent into action against the British and Canadians they didn't have a huge amount of time to prepare and camouflage vehicles. Especially when you consider agood proportion of their vehicles were new from factories in Germany. I've seen photos of vehicles in dunkel gelb, dunkel gelb with green cam, dunkel gelb with green and brown cam overspray and various illustrations showing the same sort of thing. It's all a bit of a mish mash of camo patterns and there doesn't seen to be any standardisation. I think a lot depended on the units preference and what was available to them although I would have thought French vehicle depots would have been well supplied given that it was occupied and was fairly quiet.
sylvain6666
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 10:06 AM UTC
Thanks to all of you
 _GOTOTOP