_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
RMG-Help on Hydrant
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 02:20 AM UTC
Question to Vreinden ; :-)

1. Is a street corner hydrant acceptable for a Market Garden Eindhoven scene or a lamp post will be more realistic?
2. Is there any available photo, drawing for a 40's hydrant in Nederlands to give me hints?
3. If 2 is not available and one of you has a 40's hydrant near of his house or office,can you please look out of the window and tell me some for the shape,dimensions and color of it?
Thanks for the help.

P.S: I watched A Bridge Too Far and Band of Brothers Volume 4 Eindhoven part once again and searched in net, the result was no good.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 02:34 AM UTC
Ola Engin

This is an old style dutch Firehydrant:

I don`t know exactly if this is the type used in the 40`s I have to ask that to my dad he was in the Fire department and he has a lot of books about Firefighting in the Netherlands. I will ask it this evening.
Another thing you can use is this type of Firehydrant.

This is the dug in type firehydrant. Most of the old dutch cities have very narrow streets with the trams, busses and other traffic there is not really much room for Firehydrants so they dug them in and closed them with a lid like above. On the Lid stands "Brandkraan" wich is surprisingly "FireHydrant" in Dutch. I also don`t know exactly when these type of Firehydrant did show up but I will ask that too if you like

Hope this helped you out a bit more and more information will come soon

Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 10:40 AM UTC
You answered my question just like a campaign leader. so fast and 100% satisfying.
I noticed that you and Danny answer all RMG questions in an excellent way since we started to build. Thats the leadership.
Thanks for the help Robert and extra thanks to dad.
 _GOTOTOP