_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
DML Marder II
ColinEdm
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 1,229 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 09:41 AM UTC
Just finished this one for the 500+ Campaign. Will add an arial and some stowage but pretty much done. Decided to go with a hard edge camo seen in Hungary. Comments welcome!

GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 10:17 AM UTC
Colin,
I like it a lot. The open transmission access hatch and the wire on the sides add a nice detail touch. I like the hard-edge camo, too. A nice variation. The pioneer clasps look nice. Are they PE that cane with the kit, or AM?

Best Wishes,

Gaz
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 05:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The pioneer clasps look nice. Are they PE that cane with the kit, or AM?

Best Wishes,

Gaz

IIRC all of Dragon's Marder II's have PE clamps included.
ColinEdm
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 06:17 PM UTC
Yes, they do come with the PE clasps, but I have a hard time with them so I replace them with Aber PE, they seem to go together easier for me.
Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 - 04:49 PM UTC
Hi Colin,
I like this big-time - I wasn’t so sure from the first shot but by the last shot you sold it absolutely. Each to their own, a tad too clean me – I’d want to powder up some light-brown pastels & work it over, maybe scale-colour the camo down a micro-notch or two. On the other hand it’s just great as is – plus your last accessories. Any plans for a dio/vignette? - it would sing beautifully in any setting, looking forward to seeing it finished. Cheers, Tim
ColinEdm
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 - 06:27 PM UTC
Thanks Tim, The more I look at it the more I agree that it need to be toned down a little (maybe an overall filter) and have some dusting to the lower hull and running gear. I'm doing a little vignette for my DAK Pz IIIG so I'll see how that turns out and use what I've learned for this one, maybe hiding in some bushes or along a country road.
FrozinRonin
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 - 11:15 PM UTC
Incredible.

So many questions, but I'll ask just one. What silver/grayish color paint did you use on the rails and breach? It looks like just what I'm looking for for the $9 Tamiya 7,5cm Pak40 I'm building.

I hope I can build something this nice one day. That radio compartment and shovel detail tho! So awesome.
ColinEdm
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 02:56 AM UTC
Thanks Adam. I use Vallejo 70.865 Oily Steel, and top it off with some oily/greasy washes. Sometimes I will mix in a bit of 70.995 German Grey to tone down the shininess. Feel free to message me with any more questions, I asked a lot when I got back into the hobby a couple years back (still do)!
 _GOTOTOP