_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
a must have for Merkava2/3? separate mortar a
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 12:03 AM UTC
and cage. looks very well done, and relatively inexpensive. only thing is, no canvas cover, tho that should be an easy fix. it's a set of 5

http://www.shapeways.com/product/VMV37CRSH/merkava-tank-mk2-and-mk3-mortar-cage-and-tube?optionId=58728724
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 12:11 AM UTC
I received a set a few weeks ago and they really are very good. Far superior result to what would likely have happened if I had tried to emulate Dave Parker and machined it from underneath and then fretted out the gaps. My only criticism is that I don't really need quite that many (I will probably build no more than three Merkavas ever) but it does provide some spares for breakages and trading.
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 12:34 AM UTC
definitely getting this. got 3 Merkavas, 2, 2D and 3D that can use then, tho the 2'll just need that cage. got stuff from them before, for moebius's TOS Battlestar Glactica bridge and nose piece and the newer Pegasus
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 - 04:53 PM UTC
this is really worth getting. nicely detailed as 2 separate pieces, tho the cage seems a bit thin but flexible enuff it won't break. also, there's no canvas cover for the mortar itself, but can be easily dealt with. while thse may SEEM like shortcomings, I really don't think they are, and while it may be an insignificant part, molded in one piece just doesn't look right. it'll also fit academy's Merkava 2d, with a little trimming of locator tab from the turret
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 534 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 02:31 PM UTC
Friend, can you post photo of this next to kit part it suppose to replace? I don't have any Meng Merkavas but I'm hoping to change that soon. TIA
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Friend, can you post photo of this next to kit part it suppose to replace? I don't have any Meng Merkavas but I'm hoping to change that soon. TIA

atm nope, but it does look like what's in the link above, except in 2 parts instead of 1 which is what the kit part is. the only thing missing from shapeways version is the dust cover. pic or no, it DOES make for a better looking part
 _GOTOTOP