_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Uniform painting guides and adv tips
SiStorey
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 242 posts
Armorama: 161 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 08:00 PM UTC
Hi all. Sorry I've been away for so long, But I'm back now with a new rearranged model room. However I now have a big collection of small parts for soldiers, water bottles, helmets, weapons etc etc that I have decided to collect and paint ready for future endeavours.

With that can anyone point me to where I would be able to get good painting techniques and ideal colours for painting the figures please. I know I have seen some forums on here about painting etc but I cant seem to find them.

Many thanks to all and hope all are keeping well.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 08:22 PM UTC
Just about the best FREE source for equipment and color is Google search - both "image" and "all". Everything from original items to re-enactors items. Also note there is no such thing as "ideal color", as, for instance, khaki items came in shades from a tan to greenish colors (and that's mint from the factory).
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 08:41 PM UTC
Try this:

http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=23796
SiStorey
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 242 posts
Armorama: 161 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 09:08 PM UTC
cheers biggles, I use google but its finding a colour match to match the images.

And Chris that is exactly what I am after for a reference. Just need to find some techniques to make them look weather etc.

But cheers lads
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 10:55 PM UTC
There's also this: http://www.usarmymodels.com/ Just about everything you wanted to know about US equipment, uniforms, weapons, etc. But it's just one of those things you can find by Google search.
 _GOTOTOP