_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Mercedes Benz L3000 - Snowplow- 1/35 Italeri
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 240 posts
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2016 - 01:57 PM UTC
Hello,

a small project... a German Snowplow on base of the Mercedes Benz L3000 lorry. The kit of the truck is an old kit from Italeri, the 4-wheeldrive upgrade and the snow plow are coming from Plus Model, the resin wheels from Signifer. The cargo bed was modified with Evergreen stripes.
The painting so far started with a layer of black primer, then German Grey from Tamiya, ligthend with a light grey. Several oil colors followed - white, blue, brwon and black. Lighter ones on top, darker ones in the shadow arreas.
Next step is a layer of clear coat, then demasking the windows. Then further weathering. On the cargo bed I will add the 3 barrels, plus ... don't know yet.... some counterweight to the snow plow ..

Cheers,
Michael
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 - 01:55 PM UTC
Hello,

a small update.

The barrels on the bed were glued in place and secured with some rope.

A layer of matt/shiny clear coat followed.

Next follows a painting of the windows in clear coat matt (tarnished from the cold outside), and the load on the cargo bed.

Cheers
Micha
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 05:56 PM UTC
Hello,

the truck is finished for the moment. The trees are coming from our garden, I hope my wife will never know

Now I will do a small diorama, then I will try to add some snow to the diorama and the truck... my first winter diorama

Cheers

Micha
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 05:30 PM UTC
Hello,

I have decided to make a small winter diorama for the snowplow. Never tried that and never thought about snow dioramas... specially never thought about snow in Summer But I want to try it

The base for the diorama is a small house with a small piece of street. The diorama comes from Miniart. First I have glued all main-parts together.

Next will be some putty, then some sandingm then the details .... then painting .... weathering ..... snow

Cheers
Micha

elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 - 05:40 PM UTC
Hello,

I tried a bit with the snow .... the first layer is on. I have to rework some aready - behind the snow plow, under the car, ... so it is not finished yet.

What do you think? The first try with snow ....

Cheers

Michael
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 - 06:03 PM UTC
More snow!
I presume that you will add enough snow in front of the plow so that the lower (cutting) edge of the plow is covered with snow, otherwise it looks as if the plow is not moving any snow at all.
Consider the "story" behind the diorama, is the truck+plow simply driving past without plowing or is it actually clearing away maybe 10 cm (4 inches) of snow? If there is that much snow on the street then there needs to be at least as much in the "garden" as well as on the sidewalk (maybe the house owner with a shovel cleaning outside his house ?, talking with the driver ?)

Modern truck clearing maybe 15-20 cm of snow:

Two tractors clearing a thinner layer of snow, it builds up quickly on the plow blade

There should at least be enough snow to cover the "joins" between the paving stones

/ Robin
Steven000
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 191 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 - 09:55 PM UTC
Looking good Michael
Maybe you can add a figure to bring some 'life' and scale to your diorama, or some bushes/tree behind the fence to give it some more depth.

Like Robin said it would be a good idea to add some build-up snow to the edge of the plow.

Nice work

Kind regards
Steven
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 02:39 AM UTC
Really nice,i like it!....but yes,need more snow also in the clean part of the road becose with the cubblestone you cant stay to low with the snowplow or you dont clean just the snow but also the cubblestone....
 _GOTOTOP