_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
1/16 scale t-34s
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 07:28 AM UTC
Hi, Anybody out there heard as to wthether Trumpeter is going to really put out the 1/16 scale T-34s? I saw the photos on the General Modeling section that were posted. That T34/85 with the complete interior is something else!!!!!! This most definitely is a MUST HAVE if this thing is comes to pass. Sure do hope so.

Thanks and take care, Sgirty
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 09:40 AM UTC
Hi. I'll update my post here. Have seen on the Track-Link and PMMS sites that the release of 3 1/25 scale T-34s are in the works by Trumpeter. The T-34/76 1942 and 1943 models, plus the T-34/85 1944 model as well. It does appear that at least the 1944 model will have a complete interior to it. And according to those who have seen it, it's a very good indeed. It is expected to be released in Japan around Feb. or Mar. and, supposededly, here about the same time as well (now that I would have to see to believe!). Going rate is guess-timated at around $130, give or take. So I figure we can maybe pick it up for around $100 or so, like their K5 model. I surely hope that they have done as good a job on this kit as they did on their K5! And I will really be surpised if it isn't.

Gof bless the folks at Trumpeter!!!!!!! They are now # 1 on my list.

Take care, Sgirty
Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 833 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 12:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Have seen on the Track-Link and PMMS sites that the release of 3 1/25 scale T-34s are in the works by Trumpeter.

I know you meant to say "1/16 scale T-34's". I wish they were 1/25 scale! Or atleast 1/20.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 11:13 PM UTC
YEP have one preorderd from the Hobby shop guy the T/34 Type 85 can't wait to get that baby going I guess will have to back out of a few things!
Did you see full interior great job.
Now lets wait for the rivet counters to step in and say well you know the enigne is One millionth of a MM too small
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 11:23 PM UTC
i am waiting with eager anticipation for this kit.

i guess with the inflated prices they normall stick on kits over here, im thinking it will be in the region of £80-100.

i wish someone would do a 1/16 model of a british tank, even a sherman would do.

cheers

joe
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 11:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

i wish someone would do a 1/16 model of a british tank, even a sherman would do.

Yes,It's called the Tamiya M-4(105)HVSS.Radio controled.
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 12:01 AM UTC
Hi. I agree greatbrit. A Sherman or Churchill, etc. would be really nice as well. Maybe later on. Even a Panzer III or IV wouyld be okay. Hopefully no Tigers or Panthers. Even thought these would be nice kits in their own right, they're getting kind of 'old'. Know what I mean? We do need something different, just for a change..

Yes,sgtreef, it won't be too long before the 'rivet counters' will be giving this model what for I'm afraid. But hey, that's okay, they may rag on it, but I bet they buy one anyway. Ha, ha! Yes, I did see those photos of the inside. It literally 'blew me away'. Sure there will be areas or pieces that will lack detail, or at least have less detail that some folks may want, but like I said, if Trumpeter does as good a job on this kit(s) as they did on their K5 model, this child will be much more than satisfied with it!!! More than likely, for those who wish for more, and have an unlimited wallet, Aber will be bringing out a 'complete' detail set for it down the road, along the lines of the one they did for Tamiya's 1/16 scale Tiger here a couple years ago.

Sorry for the typo error(s) here. My mind works a lot faster than my fingers. And I never was too good at typing in the first place. Ha! I do go back and try to correct things after I'm done, but it's inevitable that there will be at least one mistake, and usually more, here and there in just about everything I post. Ha, ha!

Take care and much luck to those who aready have this kit on the way. Would kind of like to hear from you on this forum about how it measures up to what you've seen in the photos once you yourslves have a chance to go through the box and instructions, Sgirty
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 12:43 AM UTC

[/quote]

Yes,It's called the Tamiya M-4(105)HVSS.Radio controled. [/quote]

unfortunately that version was never used by the british, and i dont like the hvss suspension, it limits you to mainly post war vehicles.

now if it was a vvss tank i would be interested, if it was a cromwell or churchill i would be over the moon

cheers

joe
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 01:11 AM UTC
Joe if thats the case check SOL models on Squadron Maol order they cover the late war 76mm shemans with the hvss suspension. Another suggestion is to search the web. On occasion I have come accross 1/16 conversions for not only the turret but suspesion and tracks. I admit the cost for each is the same as the kits themselves, but if you have the budget go for it. BTW, latest conver sion for the Tamiya sherman was late M36B1 conversion available from Michigan Modles. Have fun STUG
MadMeex
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
KitMaker: 424 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 01:15 AM UTC
Check out the recent photos from the Nurenberg toy exhibition - They have test shots of the kit there (including what looks like a clear plastic hull for this T-34. The vehicle is enormous! Personally, I have to save my shelf space for the K5.

Mika
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 01:18 AM UTC
thanks for the info, ive seen a 76mm turret conversion, but i would still much rather have something like an M4A1 75mm vvss sherman that could be modelled as a ww2 machine. maybe im just picky!

at the price they are, i wouldnt buy one of them if i wasnt completely happy with it. my local model shop has on of the tamiya shermans, both for sale and built in a cabinet, and for the size, i wasnt impressed by the detail.

i think they should do a 1/16 cromwell. maybe an F type hull, that would be superb

cheers

joe
Katyusha
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 110 posts
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2004 - 01:12 PM UTC
I love T-34's. I've got a birthday coming up soon....I know what I want now.
-Katyusha-
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2004 - 02:40 PM UTC
Wow , seems like it is gonna be a must have!

I think, that the most wanted R/C , or at least 1/16th kits wold be
1.Panther, any ausf.
2.Churchill
3.Panzer III,IV
4.Sherman VVSS suspension
5.Stuart M-3,M-5,doesn't matter as long as its a stuart.
6. and FINALLY the T-34!
 _GOTOTOP