_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Trumpeter 100 MM anti tank
69mudbone
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 362 posts
Armorama: 285 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 11:40 PM UTC
Hey Guy ,

Looking at the kit for possible build. Any feedback,review would be most welcomed.Thanks
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2016 - 12:11 AM UTC
ICM kit is older, but is a nice build, I have not seen the new Trumpeter kit yet. Both will need aftermarket wheels. I believe that Hussar has them in resin.
canismalus
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 398 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 06:15 PM UTC
Hi Ken -

The Trumpeter BS-3 is a good kit and builds up well. The only things in need of attention are the too-short gun barrel (RB Model make an excellent replacement, though) and the wheels, as Greg pointed out. The Hussar wheels seem to be for postwar examples only, though; if you want to build a WWII weapon, you can go with any GAZ-AA or AAA replacement wheel set - Miniart, Quickwheel and Panzerart all make them.

Hope this helps, Jerry
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 06:51 PM UTC
Photos, PLEASE!

Even box art would be acceptable. Help the rest of us learn something we didn't know about your topic.

Yes, I could Google it - but why should I have to?
canismalus
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:03 PM UTC
Hi Mike -

Not sure if this what you want, but here is a short review of the kit:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tru/kit_tru_2331.shtml

Here is a question I posted about the wheels a year ago and the responses:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/237183#2000577

As far as the barrel length goes, when I get some time in the next couple of days, I could dig out my mostly completed kit from the basement and show what I mean.

Jerry
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:30 PM UTC
I guess I just come from a copywriting background where I was taught to first show people what you are talking about and then tell people what you are talking about.

Otherwise you are just having a private conversation between a select few who already know the topic of discussion.

Looks like a very well done, well detailed model though there may be some problems with the wheels.

I now have more than a bit of new historical and model knowledge I did not have before.

Thank You
canismalus
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I guess I just come from a copywriting background where I was taught to first show people what you are talking about and then tell people what you are talking about.

And I come from an academic background where we just keep talking and expect people to do their own research after class.

Seriously, though, I just wanted to give the original poster a rough and ready info tidbit (a lack of time this weekend is the biggest reason), but point taken - if this is helpful for you and others, all the better!

Jerry
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Armorama: 1,067 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:09 PM UTC
It's a shame how much we seem to have gone backwards, with all the technology available to make our lives easier, we seem to need to be "spoon fed" everything, I mean really "why should I have to?" It literally took me NINE seconds to copy, open a new window, and paste a search and have all the info I could want on the subject, and I did not even have to type anything, AND I have DSL. Come on sir, in my opinion that was a little over the top, but that's just my opinion.
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 10:43 PM UTC
I am not going to get into it with you.

People usually start a book with a cover, that book often has a photo on the cover and it might even have a title and/or a blurb to give the reader some idea what they may expect to learn.

You basically admitted that you are having a private conversation with one or two people but having it on a public forum. So public education here is not your goal.

I thought the purpose of these forums was the dissemination of knowledge to EVERYONE.

I'm done!
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Armorama: 1,067 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 11:05 PM UTC
I don't really want to get into this either, but I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. It's my opinion that lack of a photo does NOT make it a private conversation, and that if someone needs to see a photo, it takes seconds to accomplish. and if I have it correct, it's your opinion the opposite is the case, and I respect your opinion. I just wanted to take the opportunity to say that someone who read your post does not agree with you.
69mudbone
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 362 posts
Armorama: 285 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 11:55 PM UTC
Hey Guys, thanks for the feedback. Did not mean to cause a ruckus, still trying to get the hang of posting photos and links.

I signed up for my first campaign( tank hunters) and was looking to do something different instead of German. I have been absent from the hobby a long time. There are so many companies to choose from ,years ago Tamiya ,Hasagawa were the quality kits and I am still looking for names that make a good kit in today's market. I want to stay and the good side of the rivet counters

165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 12:37 AM UTC
John, very well said.

I certainly agree to disagree.

Best Regards

Michael
 _GOTOTOP