_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Maxxpro plus with Crows 2 weapon station?
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2016 - 11:46 PM UTC
Hello all, one question, some days ago i got Def models new Maxxpro plus conversion ( very nice conversion) so now i wounder if it would be possible to build the Maxxpro plus with Live resin Crows II weapon station ? Or is the Crows II not used on the Maxxpro plus version? I have not seen any pictures of it but maybe i just not search right.. So anyone here that knows if it's possible
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 03:16 PM UTC
Anyone that know if it's possible? I know that it's possible on the Maxxpro but not on the Maxxpro plus version...
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 04:12 PM UTC
Jusdging by the extra air intake on the hood, I guess this one could be a MaxxPro Plus :

Full size

Talking about CROWS and CROWS 2, here's a nice pics gallery :

http://thechive.com/2014/04/24/friday-firepower-common-remotely-operated-weapon-stationcrows-43-photos/

...Just keep focused on the weapon stations

H.P.
kubisz
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 977 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 04:35 PM UTC
Or it could be a MaxxPro Dash...
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 04:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Or it could be a MaxxPro Dash...

I've just double checked the picture and you're right... The shape and the lock of the access panel just aft of the rear wheel arch is a Dash feature (idem for the grille just beside it).

http://www.navistardefense.com/NavistarDefense/vehicles/maxxpromrap/maxxpro_plus

http://www.navistardefense.com/NavistarDefense/vehicles/maxxpromrap/maxxpro_dash

H.P.
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 09:40 PM UTC
Hope for a MaxxPro Dash in plastic kit.

I supposed it is to difficult to build a MaxxPro Dash with actual MaxxPro kits because of different sizes between the two versions. Lenghts and heights are different.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 11:48 PM UTC
Thanks Henri-Pierre, ok maybe it's not possible to use the Crows II then, because if you dont have a picture of it, then it's not so big chance that there are any avalible.. thanks for the link for the Crows weapon station, will be useful later

Alex, that would be very nice if somebody did release that, but first i hope Bronco will release the Maxxpro kit they have said for ages now...
 _GOTOTOP