_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
d day figures
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 01:32 AM UTC
Thinking about doing a d day dio. Ordered the Italerie lcvp with figures. got another lcvp with just crew from a while ago. I found a couple sets of figures that would be useful. Plan is to have one landed and disgorging the other a bit away. So here is what i am looking for. dead people. Is there any awailable? I am sure i can get several cheap us infantry sets and chop them up and put in water floating but need some for dead (or wounded for that matter) on beach.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 01:50 AM UTC
Good question; don't think I've seen any sets with dead soldiers anywhere.
flyerhank
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 03:56 AM UTC
Verlinden has issued a set of US casualties but they are Marines. They could be modified to fit your needs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Verlinden-1-35-USMC-Marine-Casualties-in-Pacific-War-WWII-2-Figures-1940-/170568858209
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 04:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thinking about doing a d day dio. Ordered the Italerie lcvp with figures. got another lcvp with just crew from a while ago. I found a couple sets of figures that would be useful. Plan is to have one landed and disgorging the other a bit away. So here is what i am looking for. dead people. Is there any awailable? I am sure i can get several cheap us infantry sets and chop them up and put in water floating but need some for dead (or wounded for that matter) on beach.

Hi, Steve! You're a guy that shares my kind of thinking!

You may also want to add several of these figure sets:

MASTER CLUB No MB35130 "Move, move, move", US Soldiers, Operation Overlord period, 1944...

This set includes some GREAT D-Day GIs, (5 of them), in appropriate US Army D-Day attire. There are also 2 figures from an earlier MB "June, 1944" set, included in the "Move, move, move" set, which represents them set up and firing their M1917A1 water-cooled .30cal MG, with the Heavy Tripod.

Personally, I think that DRAGON's "US Heavy Weapons Team" set, which provides 2 prone GIs, in appropriate D-Day-style Uniform, firing their M1919A1 air-cooled .30cal MG would be more appropriate in lending a more "frantic" appearance to your dio, but that's just my opinion.

You may also want to get hold of a set or two of DRAGON's "US Army Infantry, Omaha Beach, 29th Divison" GIs, (4 figures), and possibly their "US Rangers" D-Day set, (4 figures) in which the 2nd Rangers are featured, including one guy that is carrying a Bangalore Torpedo. MASTER BOX also makes some very nice "June, 1944" Figure sets, which would suit your needs admirably, especially the set where one GI is dragging a wounded GI out of harm's way (Shades of the first 20 minutes of the "Saving Private Ryan" movie)...

I've got a similar project mapped out for myself, also including the ITALERI LCVP kits. EDUARD makes a very nice PE set for these kits, if you want to go "all out", which is something that I always do with my models...

ENJOY!!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 04:08 AM UTC
Thanks i have both those sets on order. I have several eto soldier sets of various issues to draw from as well I found that verlinden marine casualty as well as an army one. Also the peleliu marine set has a wounded guy with a medic. Now looking at pitures of the beaches to figure obstacle placement and consistency of sand. Also wave acion. Found a color photo as well so i can get close to color as well....short of actually visiting and getting sand from the beach...lol which i may get to do
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 - 02:58 PM UTC
I Know Verlinden made some ! I have them . dead and wounded G I s. try Amazon or ebay .
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 - 03:05 PM UTC
MK35 have a US Ranger casualty (BAR gunner)....great pose and if you don't want him as a Ranger scrape/ shave off the pockets of his HBT pants and he's an infantryman from the 29th or whatever other unit you choose.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 - 03:14 PM UTC
Minuteman Models also have some nice medics/ casualty on the beach too.... Just hard trying to find them as I think the company went bust. Nemrod do a great medic with wounded figure set also. Legend have "Crawling to Normandy" set which you could convert to casualties also (wearing HBT pants......but can shave off the pockets for brown wool look). Hope these ideas help.
 _GOTOTOP