_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
MIG Productions
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2016 - 02:17 AM UTC
Hello all. Is MIG Productions still producing new products? Their website has a copyright of 2016. I know Miguel Jimenez is no longer affiliated with the company. They have an online store, but their link to US distributor Mig Productions USA says that they are no longer affiliated with Mig Productions in any way. I found a post here where Mig himself says that Mig Productions products suffer from quality issues. Can anyone give an update?

Regards,

Eric
DutyFirst1917
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2016 - 07:42 PM UTC
Eric,

According to the company FaceBook page they are making new products and doing fine. I have trouble finding MIG and AK products (my two favorite companies) in the states outside of the pre-packaged kits. I found that Sprue Brothers, Hobbylinc, and Amazon usually fit the bill for me. I have ordered directly from AK to get exactly what I needed though. As for quality I have had great success with both companies and every product works as advertised and continues to produce stellar results - provided you follow the directions of course! Good luck!

Tim
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2016 - 09:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Eric,

According to the company FaceBook page they are making new products and doing fine. I have trouble finding MIG and AK products (my two favorite companies) in the states outside of the pre-packaged kits. I found that Sprue Brothers, Hobbylinc, and Amazon usually fit the bill for me. I have ordered directly from AK to get exactly what I needed though. As for quality I have had great success with both companies and every product works as advertised and continues to produce stellar results - provided you follow the directions of course! Good luck!

Tim

I have found found individual items in eBay stores.
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 12:31 AM UTC
Thanks guys. I appreciate the info. I am a bit of a loyalist when it comes to products. I stick with what has worked for me. I read a post where Mr Jimenez himself said after he left the company their quality fell off.

Regards,

Eric
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 12:52 AM UTC
Mig Jimenez no longer works for either MiG Productions or AK-Interactive. He now works for and runs Ammo of Mig Jimenez. I jave noticed that MiG Production pigments are of poorer quality than other brands and have white globs of filler in them. Ammo of Mig Jimenez sells both pigments and filters that are very good quality. I have some AK Interactive washes from before Mig left that are of dubious quality. The pigments are very coarse. I have found that Ammo products are of much higher quality than the AK stuff I have.

The 502 Abteilung oil paints sold by Mig Productions are still sold by 502 Abteilung. I am unsure if they still have affiliation to Mig Productions.
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 238 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 01:30 AM UTC
I was the former North American dealer for MIG Productions. I closed the web site and doing business with MIG Productions for reasons I will keep to myself.

You can still get MIG Productions items from Stevens International if they can still get in touch with someone from the company in Spain.

The 502 Oils can now be purchased directly from 502.

Good luck
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 04:01 AM UTC
Yes 502abteilung now have is own new nice website
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
KitMaker: 1,507 posts
Armorama: 1,304 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 04:08 AM UTC
So ammo by mig is now run by Mig Jimenez? And who runs AK? They have very, very similar products and I'm having hard time following... And I do need a supply of paints.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 05:08 AM UTC
AK is and was run by Vallejo (not Related to Vallejo paints) after a argument with Jimenez he open ammo of mig to don't confuse with MIG production...look like a soap operas!

DutyFirst1917
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 05:14 AM UTC
AK products ordered 13AUG from Spain came in today - pretty good. Also, clarify that I use Ammo by Mig products not just Mig - sorry!

Tim
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 238 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 07:02 PM UTC
MIG Productions from Spain is no longer in business. Many of the early AK products are direct copies of the old MIG Production formulas.

MIG Jimenez took his ideas and formulas from MIG Productions to AK and then to Ammo of MIG. The only things that are different between the 3 brands are any products created by AK after MIG left AK and the Acrylic paint sets from AK and Ammo of Mig.

Hope this clarifies things up a bit.

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP