_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
panzer 4 suspension help neeed
praggio
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 - 12:36 PM UTC
Hello, I am about to start building Dragons Jagdpanzer L/70 Lang, but am not too happy with the suspension, which seems to have been molded badly, with too much clean up required. Any comments on AFV club or Tristar panzer 4 suspension as a replacement, or any other suggestions. I would like something that will require as little surgery as possible.
Many thanks,
Paul
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 08:06 AM UTC
Humm... That is not like Dragon with a lot of clean up. Tamiya's has very little to clean up but Dragons Pzkfw 4 series is known to be very good. Maybe you did get a bad sprue. Could you upload a photo? What was the kit number?
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 09:07 AM UTC
There have also been several incarnations of the Panzer IV Lang so the kit number is important. The latest version has an excellent suspension if you like complicated super detailed assemblies.

I know that the first ones shared a crude single piece that had flash and lots of sprue nubs requiring clean-up.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 05:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello, I am about to start building Dragons Jagdpanzer L/70 Lang, but am not too happy with the suspension, which seems to have been molded badly, with too much clean up required. Any comments on AFV club or Tristar panzer 4 suspension as a replacement, or any other suggestions. I would like something that will require as little surgery as possible.
Many thanks,
Paul

Which kit # are you building?
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 05:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Many thanks,
Paul

I agree with the other fellas- Check the Stock # on the ends of the box-top. Their LATEST Jagdpanzer IV kits are about as good as they come... The CYBERHOBBY Jagdpanzer IV L/70 Lang is a GREAT kit!!!
 _GOTOTOP