_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Aftermarket Merkava IV Wheels 1/35
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 07:22 AM UTC
Hi All,

I have the Academy Merkava Mk. IV LIC (kit 13227). Does anyone know of any aftermarket road wheels for this kit? Or just any 1/35 scale wheels that would fit any of the 1/35 Merkava IV models? Obviously, preferably better quality than the kit wheels. I have the Meng Merkava 3D Early kit, and I have found the wheels in that kit fantastic, both in terms of detail, and with the variety of rubber and steel wheels, PLUS the foam inserts, all of which are selectable for any/all of the wheels. I suppose some of you will suggest just using those wheels (assuming the Merkava 3D and IV have the same wheels, which I don't know). However, I need those wheels for the Meng kit itself. I haven't been thrilled looking at the quality of the Academy wheels. Maybe they build up and paint better than they look in the raw plastic, but I have my doubts.

In any event, I haven't been able to find any aftermarket wheels at all, for Merkava IV. Anyone?
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 09:22 AM UTC
try Panzer Art, they make Merkava wheels; and can be found at hobbyeasy.com for a reasonable price.

good luck with your build.

kylie
 _GOTOTOP