_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Meng King Tiger Interior Renders
DutyFirst1917
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 09:13 AM UTC
Came across this one on the Meng crackbook page this evening. Meng certainly will have a great product can't wait...of course my wallet can!

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1087117858068204&id=195290177250981

Tim
acebatau
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 616 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 09:53 AM UTC
Wow, this is so cool, definitely worth waiting, can't even tell it's 1/35! Thanks
billflorig
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:50 AM UTC
Wow, this looks incredible! Any take from anyone yet on whether this or the Takom kit is better?
Halps_123
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 12:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow, this looks incredible! Any take from anyone yet on whether this or the Takom kit is better?

I am wondering the same thing. I think I'm liking the Meng offering at this stage so will be interesting to see some reviews and comparisons when both released
TigerFan182
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 03:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

From comparing sprue shots of Takom's kit to the Meng cads, I would say Meng's interior is looking slightly better. Overall, it's a very tight call.

The biggest difference I can see is that Meng have molded all of the ammo separately, whereas Takom have molded the ammo to the racks. Meng's radio rack looks better. Meng have the correct number of blades on the cooling fans (8). Takom have included the main wiring loom on the turret floor, Meng hasn't. Takom have included a removable turret roof. There are lots of small variances in detail between the two kits.

It's difficult to really tell until both kits are on the market but it looks like Meng is edging it.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 04:24 PM UTC
Does anyone know if Meng is molding the skirts as individual pieces or one big one like Takom? That would be another selling point.
dukw
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 01:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Does anyone know if Meng is molding the skirts as individual pieces or one big one like Takom? That would be another selling point.

They are molded as one piece (Parts B1 & B2).
Harald
dukw
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 03:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

They are molded as one piece (Parts B1 & B2).
Harald

Sorry, i have made a mistake and talked about the Takom King Tiger.
But after a first look in the box of my kit i can say that i mostly like what i see. I did no measurements so i can't say something about the accuracy of the kit. As Matthew stated is the radio station not so well done judgeing to Dmitry Kolomytsev's build log of his Trupeter 1/16 King Tiger

King Tiger 1/16

An other issue is the connection between the Olvar transmission and the steering gear box. This section is simplyfied. But it will be hardly to see at the finished model.

But to me is a real short comming the instruction sheet. These gray shaded drawings are pain to my eyes. No color informations are given during the stages of building. A separate two sided, colored sheet is provided for that purpose.
Take a look at your references to confirm the colors. So was the spare barrel container also painted in German Tank Grey
or parts of the steering gear and Olvar transmission were finished green too.

Cheers
Harald
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 07:57 PM UTC
The Meng & Takom King Tigers are both different mold's right? Or are they the same mold??
 _GOTOTOP