_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Yu Fan PLA figures at Hobbyeasy
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 09:45 AM UTC
I notice people sometimes asking for PLA figures for the PLA vehicles being released... I've seen these before on e-bay, but I just saw them also at Hobbyeasy for a great price.

I love the "Reporter dating beauty spy" Needless to say, I ordered that set

Hisham
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 12:50 PM UTC
9 figures for about $20? Those figures really are cheap. Please, let us know of the quality once you receive the figures Hisham.

Mario
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 03:11 PM UTC
Hey, Mario... you can see the quality of these figures in this thread where Marcos used the Chinese Jeep crew.. They're not Alpine quality, but they look pretty decent.. especially for this price

Hisham
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 04:21 PM UTC
Also, Daniel just posted this pic on their FB page.. the detail looks pretty good.

Hisham
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 04:43 PM UTC
Thanks for the images and links, Hisham. The figure do look a bit raw, but I guess we have all been spoiled by Evolution, Bravo or Alpine figures. Anyway, there are not many options for Chinese Army soldiers in 1/35 scale, so any figure in this theme is most welcomed.

Mario
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 06:41 PM UTC
The pictures do not do these figures justice. I have over ten different sets from this company bought via Ebay and they are excellent. And considering they are doing modern PLA, PLA from the 70s as well as WWII, they are the best source right now for this subject matter. Are they Evolution (which I probably consider the best)? No, but they can easily compare with 90% of the resin figure producers out there. I would definitely not use the word "raw" to describe them.

And while the figures have always been very inexpensive - I bought the PLA Tank Riders (9 figures) for less then $50, HobbyEasy's prices are much cheaper then those being offered on Ebay. The 9 figure set is their first release (but still very good), so the price is no indication of the quality.

Jon
gogs007
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 313 posts
Armorama: 285 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 12:55 AM UTC
Interesting that the prisoners in one of the sets are Japanese
Black_sheep
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 823 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 10:55 PM UTC
Hi there,

I recived my ordered figure sets from them today and I also can agree with everyone that the quality is very nice. I think they did the facial expressions very well. In most of the sets they also have decals for the Kuomintang Emblems for the arms and helmets. Strangely just one set contains printed paper instead decals for the emblems.

For me these sets are a long awaited release and very welcome!

Cheers

Thomas
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2016 - 01:01 AM UTC
Just got the ones that I ordered today, and they do look quite nice.. especially if you take the price into consideration. I'll see if I can take some close up pics later.

Hisham
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 04:35 AM UTC
Here's a couple of quick pics.. I couldn't use my light tent, so the pics are not very good.. but you get the idea... Like I said, not Alpine or Evolution.. but not old Tamiya either.. You really can't beat them for the price.

Hisham
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 06:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I notice people sometimes asking for PLA figures for the PLA vehicles being released... I've seen these before on e-bay, but I just saw them also at Hobbyeasy for a great price.

I love the "Reporter dating beauty spy" Needless to say, I ordered that set

Hisham

Hello,

You were saying you like the other figures they produce. Wondering if those PLA tank riders, painted them in NVA uniform colors could be used in a Vietnam diorama. Just trying to get any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
William
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 10:59 AM UTC
Paracel makes NVA figures
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index&tid=1875&rid=1
 _GOTOTOP