_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Proper decals for "GRAY" Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf.L
FrozinRonin
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 - 12:02 AM UTC
I'd like to grab the Tamiya Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf.L (#35215) and paint it in straight up dunkelgrau. This is not one of the paint schemes in the instructions so the appropriate decals aren't in the kit. I've seen some examples of what I'm looking to do online but they don't mention what after market decals they used.

Sorry guys! I'm trying my best for online research, but I have to keep coming back here to bug you.

Thanks for any help,
Adam
srmalloy
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 336 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 - 01:58 AM UTC
Given the production date of the III L and being painted in dunkelgrau, I believe it would be the white hollow balkenkreuz, likely the narrow style (see Archer's transfer sheet, bottom of the two rows of four white hollow balkenkreuzen).
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 05:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd like to grab the Tamiya Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf.L (#35215) and paint it in straight up dunkelgrau. This is not one of the paint schemes in the instructions so the appropriate decals aren't in the kit. I've seen some examples of what I'm looking to do online but they don't mention what after market decals they used.

Sorry guys! I'm trying my best for online research, but I have to keep coming back here to bug you.
Your not bugging us ,most of us are here to help and be helped !

Thanks for any help,
Adam

Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 06:58 PM UTC
Peddinghaus and Echelon decals have a great assortment of AM decals for the PZ III L....visit their websites.

You just have to determine what specific vehicle you want to
model and buy the appropriate decal set.

Cheers,
srmalloy
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 336 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 10:16 PM UTC
One of the inserted ads here on Armorama shows the FC Modeltips 352112 "Balkenkreuz 1939 1942" 1/35 decal set, with the three early styles of national marking -- the white cross used at the start of the war, the white cross overpainted in yellow to reduce visibility after the Polish troops used the white crosses as targets, and the white outline cross adopted after the Polish campaign and used in the invasion of France. This last would be the correct cross for a Dunkelgrau PzKpfW IIIL, the black-center cross not being introduced until the change to Dunkelgelb as the base vehicle color.
 _GOTOTOP