_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Spade Ace SAT-35073 Tracks
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 07:17 AM UTC
Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you could give me any advice. Awhile ago, I purchased (by accident) the Spade Ace SAT-35073 metal tracks. These are identified as for the Merkava III (3) tank. I thought I was getting the correct tracks for a Merkava Mark 3D Early (the Meng kit), but it turns put that I really needed the Spade Ace SAT-35075 tracks, which I also have. I was wondering if anyone has an idea about what model I might be able to use the 35073 tracks for. I know that there is an older (late '90s) Merkava III by Academy, which got pretty awful reviews, and I really don't want to buy a marginal tank model just to have a place to use those tracks. Does anyone know if there were any other tanks that the SAT-35073 Spade Ace tracks could be used for? I'm pretty sure that the Meng TS-001 needs the 35075 tracks. but if anyone has any evidence that the 35073 type racks were ever put on a Merkava Mk IIID, great, I'll use them there. Otherwise, does anyone have any other good ideas about what tank model I could use those tracks on?

Thanks for any help!
dmiles
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 04:32 PM UTC
Curt,

Had a quick think on this and thought why not a Magach 6B Galbatash. I can hear the purists and I know they use Merkava 2 tracks but unless you are going to enter the model into show why not. Besides you would be hard pressed to find two Israeli M113s that are the same.

David
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 07:04 AM UTC
Hmmmm David, great thought! Let me do a bit of looking, but that's the first suggestion anyone has made, and it's gotta be batter than 20 year old molds on a kit that most have nothing good to say anything about!

Thank you sir!
Tankrider
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,208 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 02:59 PM UTC
Curt,
The tracks would be appropriate for Meng's Merkava 3 Baz with Mineroller (TS-005), that is if you are looking for a decent kit to build and install those tracks on. I am using the Fruili equivalents that I found ratholed inside of an Academy Merkava III box recently on my Baz kit.

John
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 - 12:35 AM UTC
Hey John,

That would be a truly great option! I was planning on getting the BAZ in addition to my Meng 3D Early anyway, so...great!

I just got a couple of extra 'hull top' parts, as I am going to do some surgery on the one in my 3D, to allow putting on all the photo etch screens that are in the Voyager aftermarket kit I've got, and I wanted to make sure that if I ruined the original part, I had a backup (or two). So, if I only ruin one, I'll have another backup for the BAZ. Thanks again.
 _GOTOTOP