_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Trumpeter "Afghan Rebels"
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 11:08 PM UTC
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned these figures or not, they're more like the mujahadeen than taliban figures from the 1980's but they do have plenty of of weapons to help them blend into more modern times.

The are produced in light gray plastic in 1/35th scale and seem to have individual faces rather than a generic one, so common in plastic figures.

The box art does over embellish their clothing as i don't seem to see any of the waistcoats that they appear to be wearing and a lack of military equipment such as chest rigs and packs does make them look more like civilians.

35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 04:16 PM UTC
Thanks for that. Based on the weapons in the box-art I had ignored these figures. But there seems to be plenty of AKs in the set....
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 05:44 PM UTC
Anyone tried cross-kitting them with the old (ancient) VC or NVA torsos to get chest rigs?
The NVA poses are pretty 'action man' and may not work well, but the VC are classic DML 'dudes standing around', except for the lady...

Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2016 - 08:09 AM UTC
Cracked open the box and made a start on them. The only thing I can fault them on other than their clothing not matching the box art is the lack of detail on their ears which are totally flat
 _GOTOTOP