_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
A Boy and his Dog
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 08:13 PM UTC
This is a vignette I made some 20 yrs ago. I dug it out and dusted it off. Thought it might be worthwhile posting. The figure and dog are 54mm, and I can't remember where they're from. I think the bicycle is the old Tamiya one with Eduard PE. The ruins are carved from a product called Balsa Foam - a high density foam which can be carved and worked like balsa wood, although it is difficult to paint as it is so porus paint just soaks right in. The ornate window is from Grandt Line.

Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 08:27 PM UTC
Not quite what I was expecting from the title. This moved me in a strange sort of way. The boys very youthful appearance and the innocence of his age contrast very sharply with the gruesome reality of the war. One can easily imagine this youngster frolicking with his dog in a park but the panzerfaust in his hand is a grim reminder that this lad was called upon to grow up all too soon. Very sad.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 03:49 AM UTC
I lifted the title from a Harlan Ellison sci-fi short story. Also a movie. The story is very dark.
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 04:48 AM UTC
Cool movie, Don Johnson if I remember correctly. Great post
willc453
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 11:17 AM UTC
NOT what I expected considering the title. Well done. The movie is on YouTube and think it was Johnson's first staring role in a movie. Will keep your dio in mind and copy it, but with a twist. Young boy & dog hiding in corner of damaged home/building while zombies shuffle by.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 08:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Young boy & dog hiding in corner of damaged home/building while zombies shuffle by.

Hmmmm. Verrry interesting!
 _GOTOTOP