_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
GOV Conversions
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:16 AM UTC
Hello everyone, someday I'd love to build a M1114 or M1152/M1165 based GMV. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this. I know that there are many parts available but no one, comprehensive path forward. I know about the Legend and Black Dog sets. Both seem to be good starting points but will require a ton of extra work. I am all so aware of Piotr Samofalov's stuff. I have bought a few small items from Shapeways and haven't had any issues with them. Has anyone here bought any of the large items from Samofalov? I really need to see some of the bigger items before I pay good money for them or at least hear that they are usable. I know I can make the parts fit the Bronco M1114. I am also aware that Live Resin makes some great accessories. I watch our friends from Poland crank out GOV and their derivatives so fast it's dizzying. I hope that the big companies like Legend still see the HMMWV as a valid subject. It would be nice if someone would make this a bit easier on those of us that want a more current vehicle.

Regards,

Eric
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:27 AM UTC
I really hate autocorrect today. The title of this should be GMV Conversion. I even called Varoslav of Live Resin "Yugoslav" because I wasn't proofing my stuff.

Regards,

Eric
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 12:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I really hate autocorrect today. The title of this should be GMV Conversion. I even called Varoslav of Live Resin "Yugoslav" because I wasn't proofing my stuff.

Regards,

Eric

That's why I always turn off or disable the autocorrect "feature", that way I don't need to correct the autocorrections and I know that I must check the spelling before submitting.
The autocorrect gets really annoying when the text contains names

/ Robin
 _GOTOTOP