_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
Terrorist Takedown
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 01:46 PM UTC
Middle Eastern dead bodies for Modern Wars from Paracel Miniatures.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Durruti
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 09:19 PM UTC
The manufacturer comes from Vietnam, therefore a small note: Who decides who is terrorist? The one freedom fighter is the other terrorist. Especially in Syria the distinction is really difficult.
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 09:50 PM UTC
I suspect that defining a terrorist is particularly difficult when describing resin figures whose motivations and modus operandi are, well, non-existent. They would be equally inappropriately described as 'freedom fighters' as the distinction is all about perspective and circumstances. Not sure of the relevance of the country of manufacture either.

The issue I have is that, like most modelled dead bodies, they look too stiff and unrealistic. Unfortunately there is plenty of reference material about and to me they just don't look like actual corpses. Not saying I could do better but I don't see that as a requirement to offer criticism of how something compares to reality.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 10:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The manufacturer comes from Vietnam, therefore a small note: Who decides who is terrorist? The one freedom fighter is the other terrorist. Especially in Syria the distinction is really difficult.

That would depend on how the scene builder depicts them.It would seem the manufacturer made them genetic.The builder decides what or who he wants to depict.
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2016 - 01:20 AM UTC
Only you can decide who is a freedom fighter, and who is a terrorist. It's something everyone has to define according to his own views.
 _GOTOTOP