_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Paint Q's Valentine MkIX
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 04:14 AM UTC
Thanks for stopping by and reading this !
I'm getting ready to start Bronco's Valentine Mk.IX. When I got this kit I didn't realize that it came with a partial interior. Unfortunately there are no interior color call outs at all.
Starting with the engine compartment. What are the walls & floor colors? There seem to be fuel tanks also, would these be the same color? I guess that's a transmission & engine, a filthy version of the interior color?
On to the driver's compartment & turret. Is there a standard British interior color and what color would that be? The radio face ?
BTW, has anybody built this kit before ?
I hate to ask such basic questions but I get such great, detailed answers here on Armorama. I appreciate every answer! And if I could I'd love to buy everybody a pint and discuss the subject. The best I can do is a virtual pint or two. So, Cheers !
Thanks & bottoms up !
Tom
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 11:06 PM UTC
Interior was aluminium, then white then aluminium as the war progressed. I think one of Dick Taylor's Warpaint books may have had some timescales. Fuel tanks same colour. Gearboxes were dark green post-war but not sure about WW2. You might seek out the article by Mike Roof on either this site or Tracklink, in which he built the innards of a gearbox compt. for clues. Engines, I can't remember.

19 set was deep bronze green on the examples I've seen, with a grey face. Controls are mostly black. Loads of photos of preserved 19 sets on the www.
25PDRFG
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 187 posts
Armorama: 181 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 01:30 AM UTC
There is some one on the H.M.V.F. site in NZ rebuilding a Mk5 radiators in black engine bay silver and interior white radio can be green or light-grey
 _GOTOTOP