M60A1 glacis armor
SWATdoc
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 138 posts
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 - 10:14 AM UTC
Hello to all.

Whilst looking up some information, I typed in M60 turret armor. This led to a page that had one of those selections near the top which had a large number of related photographs. I am not a computer guy and I don't know how to make a link.

If you are interested, open that page and then scroll down ten (10) lines. On the right there is a picture of an M60A1 with a prominent section of the upper and lower glacis plates cut away. I am still impressed at actually seeing just how thick it is as opposed to reading the specifications on it.

There is also a photograph of a German Leopard 1A4 turret that is also cut away. I knew that it was designed with spaced armor, but, this really filled a another gap in my curiosity. Some sources indicated that there could have been a filler of some sort in the dead space.

Furthermore, there are a couple of nice pictures of an AMX-30 turret that gives a little perspective on it's thickness.

These were new photographs to me and I hope some of you enjoy them. My appreciation to those who posted them.

Respectfully,
Allen
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 - 05:38 PM UTC
An URL would be helpful?
 _GOTOTOP