_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
shipping period from hong kong???
dmest13
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 - 07:03 PM UTC
anyone know how long shipping from hobbyeasy.com, in hong kong, to U.S. takes?
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 - 07:21 PM UTC
I would think that would depend on how much you pay,what option you choose.It would be best to ask them I would think ?
Cookiescool2
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 273 posts
Armorama: 270 posts
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 - 07:52 PM UTC
Like Anthony said it does depend on what shipping you take, but generally the cheapest surface mail option will get your package stuck on a boat for 2 months
stevieneon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 143 posts
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 - 08:13 PM UTC
Will take 7-10 days. I'm in UK, but US should be similar. Fabulous company to deal with.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 01:48 PM UTC
I pay for registered air and it still takes a little over a month. Registered surface takes a couple of more weeks. I have recently decided that I can wait those two weeks and keep my wallet a little fatter.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 02:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

anyone know how long shipping from hobbyeasy.com, in hong kong, to U.S. takes?

There is another option, as well:

Try going on ebay- You should be able to come up with other vendors from all over the world that may have what you're looking for in their stock. You should not only check what their selling price is, but also what they charge for SHIPPING, and their Estimated Time of Arrival, (ETA). Shipping WILL vary in price, as well as the Estimated Time of Arrival.

THE BEST Shipping Rates and ETAs are from domestic vendors, but their retail pricing tends to run quite a bit higher than the Asian retailers, who can afford to sell their wares for a lot less money, BUT!- The foreign Shipping Rates will consequently be A LOT higher than what you would expect from a domestic vendor. Reeeally cheap Shipping Rates generally mean a longer "wait-time", so it's basically a "trade-off" for which way you want to select to buy your item(s) and their associated Shipping Rates...
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 05:23 PM UTC
Before in Switzerland air-traked 10-15days now in Oz 15-20days
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 05:28 PM UTC
On the East coast of the USA...I've had things show up taking the default Air mail shipping rate from Hobby Easy show up in less then a week (depending on size..smaller stuff is normally faster)...but the normal turn around is about 10-15 days.

Back years ago (2003 time frame) there was a company out of Korea that sold stuff dirt cheap (HobbyFan CWIS kit was really cheap from what I remember when I bought it) and EMS shipping was dirt cheap...and the best part was the stuff use to show up to my apartment at the time in 2-3 days! It was insane how fast it got there. The only thing that's come close to that is using FedEx with HLJ recently, but at $20-25 a pop for shipping, its expensive.
 _GOTOTOP