_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
News
VMS: Cleaning and Stripping
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 05:34 AM UTC

We introduce another product range of products from VMS – technical fluids.rnCleaners Pro range comprises ready-made and concentrated airbrush/brush/tool cleaning fluids and an innovative paint remover.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 06:35 AM UTC
This to products look pretty interesting specially the concentrate idea sound very good,cut a lot the shipment costs
SpaceXhydro
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 418 posts
Armorama: 235 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 - 02:49 AM UTC
i recently bought this item. first time i'm using anything like this to remove paint. it helps to remove paint, but i'm not sure if i'm using it properly.
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 11:40 PM UTC
These VMS products sound very interesting and innovative. I'd like to give them a try.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

i recently bought this item. first time i'm using anything like this to remove paint. it helps to remove paint, but i'm not sure if i'm using it properly.

According to the manufacturer, one can dip and soak smaller parts for instance separate read wheels, figures, in a container filled with remover. In case of bigger parts like an entire model one needs to pour the remover over it, wait for reaction to happen and then start removing the peeling paint with a brush. Model should be put in a tray or similar dish even a simple plate will do. This makes sure that the remover is collected and doesn't drip all over your workspace. Collected remover can be readily reused, one can also filter it using a strainer and save for later. Once some paint is gone one can rinse the model with tap water to better see which model areas still require attention and then reapply the remover again. One needs to repeat this procedure (apply remover/rinse) several times until satisfied with the result.

Hope this helps. In any case you can contact them also through e-mail at [email protected] and surely they will clarify any doubt.
 _GOTOTOP