_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Photobucket
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 01:40 AM UTC
Can anyone give advice on an alternative to Photobucket ? One that is user friendly as I am no computer wiz by any means.
I have used bucket for years but it is getting worse and worse,slower and slower and is probably thoroughly and endlessly hacked as I get weird phone calls and pop up adds immediately after logging in every time.
So any ideas guys ? This sucks,
J
TDZepp
Visit this Community
Keski-Suomi, Finland
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 01:59 AM UTC
Imageshack is one, I agree about photobucket being slow.. Also the mobile app bugs out very often...
What are weird calls? I doubt those are related.

What, tried to edit my post and got this
"You are illegally trying to access this function. Your IP has been logged."

Wut...
Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 03:04 AM UTC
Hi Jerry,

I can recommend Village Photos not only because it’s easy (as I suspect like me you’re of the generation that expects logical step-by-step instructions that have had ambiguities edited out by a sane normal human being), but when I still managed to find an ambiguity while setting up, the on-line help person came back fast, clear and welcoming. Rare indeed, that was only back in May. Also I know I haven’t received any 3rd party communications as a result of it (because I used a dedicated new Outlook email address as sole contact. Granted Spams & Junks might have been intercepted but who cares, I don't see any) - & btw I have no vested interest in that site.

Not sure what’s going on generally – several people reporting odd functional problems like TDZepp above over the past week (either specific to this site or generally) and at least two posts have lost their photos in the past 24 hours. Coincidence?…or are those Not-The-Russians-Or-Chinese hackers extending their reach? Conspiracy Theorists, come on down.

Cheers, Tim
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 03:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Can anyone give advice on an alternative to Photobucket ? One that is user friendly as I am no computer wiz by any means.
I have used bucket for years but it is getting worse and worse,slower and slower and is probably thoroughly and endlessly hacked as I get weird phone calls and pop up adds immediately after logging in every time.
So any ideas guys ? This sucks,
J

I have also used it for years and was great and simple to use.I think they are spending too much time on ADs.Near impossible to contact anyone!Changes constantly with no warning.

Tom
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 03:25 AM UTC
I have all but given up on Photobucket. I have been using mostly Flickr for the past few years and like it okay.

Randy
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 04:14 AM UTC
I remember when everybody was all like ... "You gotta' switch to Photobucket!"

I have KitMaker, I have Photobucket, I used to have Flickr ... I'm just so freakin' tired of moving my images around and losing links on all of these so-called "user-friendly" sites!

Note: As of November 04, 2016 - 05:14 PM UTC, Photobucket is down for maintenance. I guess I'll just ride it out for now and see what happens ... GRRRRR!!!

—mike
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 06:01 AM UTC
Hate to tag on to this, but Photobucket is failing a lot for me and I'm switching over to Flickr but can't seem to get images to display. I just tried posting some flickr images over on my "Last Coke Machine in Aleppo" blog. If anybody can point me in the right direction, that would be helpful.
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I remember when everybody was all like ... "You gotta' switch to Photobucket!"

I have KitMaker, I have Photobucket, I used to have Flickr ... I'm just so freakin' tired of moving my images around and losing links on all of these so-called "user-friendly" sites!

Note: As of November 04, 2016 - 05:14 PM UTC, Photobucket is down for maintenance. I guess I'll just ride it out for now and see what happens ... GRRRRR!!!

—mike

Ditto

Mike the chassis guy
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:31 AM UTC
Message from Photobucket Support:

Update: During the planned maintenance last night, we encountered an unforeseen issue. Our team is continuing to work on resolving that issue, and we will provide another update as soon as possible. Rest assured that your information and content is safe. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and continued support.

(last updated November 4, 2016 – 2:50PM MST)
Pave-Hawk
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 900 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 08:38 AM UTC
I have just switched from Photobucket to Imageshack, and I immediately loved it.

Imageshack let me grab hotlinks for all my album images at once rather than having to do each image individually, and there was no issue with uploading any images like i have been experiencing with photobucket in recent times.

With quite a pleasant interface and much better apparent site response I have to say I would highly recommend Imageshack at this point. I will add the caveat that this is the first time I have used it, but it looks very promising for being able to track and manage all my image needs.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 10:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

With quite a pleasant interface and much better apparent site response I have to say I would highly recommend Imageshack at this point. I will add the caveat that this is the first time I have used it, but it looks very promising for being able to track and manage all my image needs.

Yup, that's how it always start out — herd it all too many times — just another one to add to the pile. I wonder just how many of these sites are out there ... rhetorical question! Fact remains ... if you close one account in favor of another ... image links bye-bye.

I actually used to like how far advancements in technology have come, but it seems like some of it is just ridiculous these days. And as I type away on my computer, I sincerely apologize for my negativity.

—mike

@ Mike Koenig,
"Ditto" ... I remember those machines all too well!
Armored76
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 1,615 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 11:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hate to tag on to this, but Photobucket is failing a lot for me and I'm switching over to Flickr but can't seem to get images to display. I just tried posting some flickr images over on my "Last Coke Machine in Aleppo" blog. If anybody can point me in the right direction, that would be helpful.

There is a how to here on Armorama specifically for Flickr: http://armorama.com/forums/232523&page=1

I'm using Flickr a lot as it is ads-free and offers LOTS of space.
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 1,491 posts
Armorama: 997 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 05:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have all but given up on Photobucket. I have been using mostly Flickr for the past few years and like it okay.

Randy

Me too although it's more designated for photographers.
Kurt
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 07:40 PM UTC
Thanks, I tried it that way, but it does not give me the option to choose HTML....it actually does not give me any choice at all.
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 1,491 posts
Armorama: 997 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 09:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks, I tried it that way, but it does not give me the option to choose HTML....it actually does not give me any choice at all.

Send you a Pm.
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 09:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Message from Photobucket Support:

Update: During the planned maintenance last night, we encountered an unforeseen issue. Our team is continuing to work on resolving that issue, and we will provide another update as soon as possible. Rest assured that your information and content is safe. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and continued support.

(last updated November 4, 2016 – 2:50PM MST)

As you can see your not getting much support!This is Sat.5th and can't download anything.
Maybe time to change THE TEAM.
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 - 10:10 PM UTC
The Photobucket site was back up and functioning as of 11:30am EST on Saturday morning.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 03:19 AM UTC
I managed to use it this morning (the 5th)
J
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 03:47 AM UTC
i now use these guys, like the OP i have become fed up with pop-ups and long delays:

http://imgur.com/
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 09:01 PM UTC
I found PhotoBucket's photo editing features glitchy and unpredictable, and sometimes didn't work at all. But now I do all my editing, size changes, and enhancing on a separate software, so it doesn't matter.
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 09:08 PM UTC
Copy that - I am doing the same thing. Glitchy Photobucket editing tools has me doing most editing offline then uploading the finished image.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 02:24 PM UTC
🖥 Be advised ... PeeBucket is doing some kind of site maintenance at this time. Don't expect to get a whole lot done until they finish with whatever they're doing.

—mike
HansBouwmeester
Visit this Community
Namibia
KitMaker: 346 posts
Armorama: 343 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2017 - 10:53 AM UTC
https://myalbum.com/nl
Works great.
 _GOTOTOP