_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Hobby Boss: IDF Merkava Mk IV
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 07:20 AM UTC

After its Merkava Mk IIID announcement, Hobby Boss follows-up with the Mk IV.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
avenue
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 08:54 AM UTC
no trophy ADS?
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
KitMaker: 1,507 posts
Armorama: 1,304 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 01:32 PM UTC
It seems like they didn't bother to fix the road wheels' placement issue they had with their previous release which is lazy and shows lack of appreciation to the community.
CowboyfromHell
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 03:52 PM UTC
Looking at the road wheel and lower hull parts, I think they fixed the model itself, but the painting sheet is reused from their 1/35 kit. Not 100% sure though, but even if that's the case, I would still mention the laziness and disappointment on that painting guide, since the wheel placement issue was so obvious and infamous throughout multiple communities and they still decided to reuse that illustrations.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 08:26 AM UTC
Sure do admire the Merkavas, they are one unique and supremely capable tank. Think I'll have to change my emphasis and model one of these some time soon!
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
KitMaker: 1,507 posts
Armorama: 1,304 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 04:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking at the road wheel and lower hull parts, I think they fixed the model itself, but the painting sheet is reused from their 1/35 kit. Not 100% sure though, but even if that's the case, I would still mention the laziness and disappointment on that painting guide, since the wheel placement issue was so obvious and infamous throughout multiple communities and they still decided to reuse that illustrations.

Nope, on the merk the wheels on the one side are on same position as the other side's ones. Unlike a tank like the Abrams where they have a small over lap because of the torsion bars. They had (maybe still have, if didn't bother to fix) that problem on the 1:35 kits and it seems to exist on these 1:72 ones as well.
RobBye
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 76 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 06:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...on the merk the wheels on the one side are on same position as the other side's ones. Unlike a tank like the Abrams where they have a small over lap because of the torsion bars...

I wondered what it was about the road wheels that was concerning you, and, now that you've mentioned that, it is quite apparent, isn't it.
 _GOTOTOP