Hosted by Darren Baker
IVECO Guarani
edklingon
Visit this Community
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
KitMaker: 194 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 05:34 PM UTC
To not mess with another topic answering some members questions, I opened this one.

As a request of the Brazilian Army to replace the reliable byt old URUTU, italian IVECO (wich produce trucks and other vehicles here) made the GUARANI (a native warrior tribe of Brazil).

The URUTU:

The GUARANY is a 6X6, with amphibious capacity, capable of carrying 11 soldiers, and it was designed to be carried in the new Brazilian Air Force transport - The KC-390.

It can carry and manuualy operated weapon station (with a 7,62 or .50 machine gun), a remote station for the same guns, or a remote 30mm automatic cannon & 7,62 machine gun. Its also planned a 90mm cannon turret for a heavy recon version.

The GUARANY is starting operations in the Brazilian Army, with 145 vehicles to create operational doctrine.

The intention of the Brazilian Army is to buy over 2.000 vehicles, in different versions (command vehicle, mortar carrier, ambulance).

There's a 8X8 version being planned, to be fitted with more heavy weaponry:

ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 06:45 PM UTC
Very informative, thanks for posting.
SWATdoc
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 06:33 AM UTC
Hello Edson,

These are very good photographs. I have great respect for the Brazilian armed forces and it looks like they have made an excellent choice for a new family of vehicles.

I will have to do some research, but, the KC-390 looks similar to the Kawasaki C-1 from the photo you have shared.

Thank you very much,
Allen
 _GOTOTOP