_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Counterfeit figures/ heads.hands
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 06:03 PM UTC
All, while looking thru ebay for head and hand sets I came across a store named: evolution-online

They appear to be selling counterfeit figures as well as head and hands sets. I've ID'd several of the figures as Doug's original and some of the heads as Verlinden and others I think the some of the hands might be Alpine.

Just wanted to give a heads up!!!
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 06:22 PM UTC
Matt can you please remove the link to eBay store from your post? I understand you wanted to warn people of counterfeit stuff, but the link can also be perceived as a kind of an advertisement for the store.

Thanks,
Mario
hutch2336
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 06:43 PM UTC
They really are rubbish copy heads,
And with postage you can get real deal in the UK for the same price!
From the authorized dealer, of course
Thanks for the ""heads up""!!
Steve H
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 06:55 PM UTC
Matt, they look to be Hornet heads as there are a couple of sets there that I've used in the past. The heads look okay but some of their other mouldings look crap.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 07:12 PM UTC
Maki,

All fixed!

jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 07:25 PM UTC
I am no longer in the resin biz but I still thank you all the same for protecting the other guys that still are. Nothing is more frustrating than doing all that work designing ,researching,building,sculpting,making molds,whatever else and then have some skanky butt-stained low life steal your stuff. A pox on thieves and their families! Because that is what they are,THIEVES !!
Sorry,I am a bit passionate about this,
J
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 01:36 AM UTC
Also on Aliexpress you can find a lots of counterfeit stuff,specially Alpine,Hornets,Stalingrad,Evolution and Bravo-6...
erichvon
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 02:39 AM UTC
I'd noticed a lot on there as well. I'd never looked on there until last week as I was trying to find the DML Wiking Winter Panzergrenadier set for sale as I've been after them for ages for a Kharkov dio and it took me to there. I had a look at the Evolution and Tank stuff while I was on there. It's being marketted as the real thing so it may be kosher just a fraction of the price? I know in the UK we pay through the nose for stuff as it's all imported. I've noticed stuff, not just modelling items, where the price in the Far East is say $50 and UK retailers will sell it at £50. They just change the currency sign rather than do a currency adjustment. Basically greedy retailers. Mind you the prices for the originals contribute a lot towards the counterfeit market. I suppose if people aren't worried about the providence of the item there'll always be a market for them. It would be interesting to know just how much the items actually cost at trade prices and then how much of a mark up retailers put on. The only person that loses out is the manufacturer as they've done the research, mouldings etc.
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 2,888 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 03:13 AM UTC
Have you notified e-bay?

Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 03:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Have you notified e-bay?

i already notified few time on both sites and also to real manufacturer butthey are usually based in china and the manufacturer cant do a thing,e-buy and Aliexpress some time close the account but they reopen 24h later with a new name...
Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,194 posts
Armorama: 1,077 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 03:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd noticed a lot on there as well. I'd never looked on there until last week as I was trying to find the DML Wiking Winter Panzergrenadier set for sale as I've been after them for ages for a Kharkov dio and it took me to there. I had a look at the Evolution and Tank stuff while I was on there. It's being marketted as the real thing so it may be kosher just a fraction of the price? I know in the UK we pay through the nose for stuff as it's all imported. I've noticed stuff, not just modelling items, where the price in the Far East is say $50 and UK retailers will sell it at £50. They just change the currency sign rather than do a currency adjustment. Basically greedy retailers. Mind you the prices for the originals contribute a lot towards the counterfeit market. I suppose if people aren't worried about the providence of the item there'll always be a market for them. It would be interesting to know just how much the items actually cost at trade prices and then how much of a mark up retailers put on. The only person that loses out is the manufacturer as they've done the research, mouldings etc.

I've also wondered what's legit and what isn't sometimes. There are a few Russian accounts that sell quite a bit of stuff that I don't recall seeing anywhere else, maybe pattern makers that stopped working for a company or just for the Russian market? I bought a job lot of heads once that were either Legend or Hornet or a mix, and couldn't tell you if they were legit or not but the casting was good. Then I bought a Legend head set from a Korean outfit that seems legit, came in a box and everything, and the casting was horrible! Go figure. Pun intended.

Kimmo
erichvon
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 04:53 AM UTC
Kimmo, I've done the same before. I bought some heads off ebay, not advertised as any brand, but they were really cheap so I thought I'd chance it. As it turned out they were really good quality. I suspect they were Hornet copies but they weren't being sold under any name so they couldn't be accused of being knock offs. I've bought Legend heads off ebay before which were about £6 for 12 heads so really good value as far as I was concerned. I've never actually looked up Legends prices to see how much they cost but I know Hornet are usually about £8 for 5 heads so they're a bit of a luxury for me. To be honest if I had the skills to replicate heads, I'd get some resin in and I'd mould my own given how much they cost and keep a big stash for personal use. It does take the p**s a bit when people start flogging them on though as that's profit from someone elses work. I've noticed some joker on ebay casting Miniart buildings and knocking them out at about £12 a pop which when you consider that particular kit only costs about £18 it shows just how greedy some people are.
Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,194 posts
Armorama: 1,077 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 06:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've noticed some joker on ebay casting Miniart buildings and knocking them out at about £12 a pop which when you consider that particular kit only costs about £18 it shows just how greedy some people are.

Yeah, I've seen that guy too. Some people aren't greedy so much as completely clueless. Oh, I didn't know it was illegal to make copies of someone else's work and make plaster casts and sell them. I have actually heard that one before. He argued it was ok because he had gone to the trouble of making a mold and casting copies in a different material.

Kimmo
Becky
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 70 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 10:23 AM UTC
Funny to run into this thread, since I just reported a Chinese seller on eBay for selling counterfeits, either that or the seller is totally crazy.

I found Soga's 9 figure 101st airborne set listed for about $53. He even used Soga's own box-art, just cut out their company name and added some logo of his own...
 _GOTOTOP