_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
1st time in weathering help
napadaanlng
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 06:28 PM UTC
As the title says I'm not sure on what to do in weathering and I have yet to acquire the weathering materials first.

I'm planning to weather a panzer grey color scheme with the mig cold grey wash and either the mig warm or neutral grey filter (or which is recommendable?).

hmm lastly I wanted to try the tamiya weathering master and stick for simple effects? Any thoughts and advice?

brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 11:09 PM UTC
If you do try the Tamiya weathering kits buy some extra makeup applicators as the one included has a tendency to shred after a few uses.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 01:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As the title says I'm not sure on what to do in weathering and I have yet to acquire the weathering materials first.

I'm planning to weather a panzer grey color scheme with the mig cold grey wash and either the mig warm or neutral grey filter (or which is recommendable?).

hmm lastly I wanted to try the tamiya weathering master and stick for simple effects? Any thoughts and advice?

The filters depends on what effect you would have ,what front or in which season, but also goes to tastes, you prefere warm or cold shade? ...

For Tamiya products I never used but I could have never attracted me much

napadaanlng
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 06:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you do try the Tamiya weathering kits buy some extra makeup applicators as the one included has a tendency to shred after a few uses.

I'll be sure to get those

Quoted Text

The filters depends on what effect you would have ,what front or in which season, but also goes to tastes, you prefere warm or cold shade? ...

For Tamiya products I never used but I could have never attracted me much

Mig products are limited here in my country you can't find what paint you'll use on the other hand Tamiya products are easy to find and cheap in my country.

_GOTOTOP