_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
News
Custom Dioramics: Cobblestone Bases
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 01:37 PM UTC

Tiger Productions has informed us of their new Custom Dioramics bases, either round, oval or rectangular, with different types of cobblestone.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bilbobee
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 07:46 PM UTC
Custom really did a great job on these bases , I love the drain system they thought out. nice job.
pnance26
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 766 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 10:04 PM UTC
Nicely done however the manufacturer is almost forcing you into a format that says "Vehicle here" or "Figure here".

It might be interesting to have a campaign to see how many people interpret a particular base differently.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 10:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

"These new bases can be used with any 1/35, 1/32 scale, 54mm, 25mm scale, etc.

They can fit AFV's and Vehicles from many time periods including W.W.I, W.W.II to Modern."

I always get a kick out of these broad-stroke claims! How do we know these to be true? There is no scale representation provided. Better images of the cobblestone detail on the rectangular sheets would be appreciated as well.

I can clearly see a purpose for this product. However, my personal preference is not to have subjects right up against or hanging over the edge, or base elements at 90 deg. angles (ref. rectangle bases). Large sheets that could be cut to one's own specs would be most welcome. ... Just sayin'

—mike
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 - 07:35 AM UTC
These'll save a load of work when fixing a base or small dio for a vehicle and a couple of figures. Love it!
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 238 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 - 07:03 PM UTC
Hello there Mr Freeman.

Thank you for your kind remarks. These are not broad based claims, they are an actual statement. I am a modeler like you first and a manufacturer second or last.

I measure every single base that is created using various sized vehicles and figures in order to make sure that they can be used by modelers for their different styled/sized miniatures. This way I can give a fellow modeler the best options possible for their hard earned money. Without you folks I would not be in business so I try to make sure it's something you folks would want and use. Thanks again.

Your modeling friend

Jose Rodriguez
Custom Dioramics

PS. You are right about having a vehicle on the base for a size perspective, I just wanted to be able to show the entire base and thought having a vehicle would cover up a lot of it. I will take better and closer photos for the next time. Also, there are "large sheets" that you can cut to your own size coming as well.

Thanks again
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 - 07:06 PM UTC
Dear Mr. Patrick.

Thanks for your kind answers. These bases were designed due to many customer suggestions and comments at various shows. Many modelers have come up to me and asked why don't I produce some bases that they can just glue down to a wood base from Michael's or Hobby Lobby or any other DIY stores. They wanted something that was quickly done and not take a lot of effort to finish.

So as a modeler and one of you first and foremost, I listened.

Cheers and thanks for your support.

Jose Rodriguez
Custom Dioramics.
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 - 07:08 PM UTC
Dear Frank.

Thank you for your kind comments, these bases were created due to customers like you suggestions and comments.

I listen to you the modeler since I am first and foremost one of you and a manufacturer second or last.

Thanks for the support

Jose Rodriguez
Custom Dioramics
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 - 07:27 PM UTC
This is all very good looking stuff and very well thought out I think. It actually looks like streets in Europe,something a lot of Americans get wrong.
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 - 09:38 PM UTC
Dear Mr. Rutman. Thank you so much for your gracious comments. You build a lot of dioramas so coming from you it means a lot to us.

Cheers

Jose Rodriguez
Custom Dioramics
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 - 11:01 PM UTC
It is great to see that Jose is revitalizing the Custom Dioramics products!

I hope we start seeing more of the old Custom Dioramics products with Tiger Productions...especially the diorama accessories and buildings.
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 12:27 AM UTC
Thank you sir, they are coming. Just have to get funding set aside for all the rubber and resin it's going to take to put them out. There are a lot more items that will be released before those old one's. Items that were new and never released before CD was sold by VLS. Many new head sets coming as well from CD.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... These are not broad based claims, they are an actual statement. I am a modeler like you first and a manufacturer second or last. ...

Hello Jose,
I apologize if my comment came across sounding negative. My “broad-stroke claims” comment was merely referring to the absence of a scale comparison object. Suggestion: Two or three figures (not a tank) in some of the scales that you mention (1/35, 1/32 scale, 54mm, 25mm) would be nice. Since I live in the boonies and order approximately 95% of my model building supplies online, I find such visual comparisons to be very helpful.

Your bases look very good indeed, and I wish you and your company much success. I look forward to seeing more of your products in the future.

Kind regards,
—mike
tigerproductions
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 05:04 AM UTC
Thank you sir for your kind words.

You are right and taught me a lesson to make sure and put some figures or vehicles on bases or buildings in the future so that folks like you who purchase from the internet can have a perspective of the size.

I appreciate the lesson, I always seek to learn in order to better myself and my products.

Sincerely,

Jose

PS. You were not harsh, it's good to have honesty instead of smoke and mirrors ;-)
 _GOTOTOP