_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Help with RA blocks on Trumpeter T-72B/B1 pls
Phil5000
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 165 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 05:52 AM UTC
Hi fellas,

So I'm having a bit of trouble with this. I've attached the many individual RA blocks on the front of the tank and I have two problems. One I forgot to paint the glascis plate prior to attaching them now I don't know how I can paint it with them on. And two, even though I'm sure I fitted them to the little guide marks they look slightly skewed to me.

So what I'd like to do is remove them and stick each row together to make it easier to get straight, and that way I can paint the front of the tank as well. Problem is I'm not sure how to go about it. There is a tiny, paper-thin gap between the blocks. I thought about spacing them with plastic sheet but I would need something like .25mm plastic sheet, and also cut it so thin that it wasn't visible between the blocks. That would be some seriously fiddly work, and I don't know if you can get plastic sheet that thin.

Would anyone be able to offer some advice?

Thank you most kindly.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 09:21 AM UTC
To paint under, use a paint brush.

For the ERA blocks, well, they are not perfectly aligned and squared in real life...look at pictures, there is a lot of misalignments.

Now, if you have to take them apart and put them back on, you just can't stand it...well, good luck and God bless. Lots of time with a hobby knife to remove.

_GOTOTOP