_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
M123A1C w/M15A1 update
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 05:28 PM UTC
Here is the latest in the M123A1C w/m15A1 trailer build. All that is left in the build is the ramps over the wheels on the trailer. I also got a tripod for my digital camera and the photos are better. Here they are:

And mated to the trailer.

Hope you all like them.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 03:36 AM UTC
From what I can see in the photos you are coming along very nicley Gino. Kit bashing ans scratching are the next level. The trailer is looking good. Are yougoing to build the hydrolic ramps for over the rear wheels? The tractor looks very good. You are going to put the doors on right? I wish the photos were a little clearer. It is hard to see some of the detail that you have put into this project. I like this one. One observation that I just noticed is the headlights are a little low. They are like the Engineers 2 1/2 ton style. All the 123's that I have seen have the headlights on the top near the hood and not at the bottome of the grill. What photo sid you use for referance?
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 03:46 AM UTC
http://134.198.33.115/atav/kouns.htm Here is a photo of a 123 in Nam. Notice the headlight placement
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 03:13 AM UTC
Animal,
I am working from photos and blue prints supplied to my by the Mack Museum. There are two sets of photos, one apparently a test vehicle at Mack facility, and the second set a vehicle delivered to Vietnam with the BII still boxed up on the back. Both my examples have the headlights low, with the blackout drive light above them. These may be early vehicles and the headlight setup may have changed later. I too have since seen a vehicle with the higher lights and BO drive light below it since I completed that part of the build. The vehicle I saw was a more recent version in 3-color nato camo. Also,the ramps over the trailer wheels are the next step.
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 04:19 AM UTC
Good info Gino. Thanks for the update
 _GOTOTOP