Hosted by Darren Baker
Better and More accurate T-90MS Kit?
aleluya
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 10:15 PM UTC
As one of those famous T-72/T-90 Experts, Gur Khan Attack has just post his conclusion about Which T-90MS kit is the better choice now. Whole article was written in Russian but with Google translator we can generally understand what he said and the reason of his conclusion. If any friends here can understand Russian, can't be better to translate it to help ppl who still struggling to make a choice.
original post
Blucop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 262 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 11:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As one of those famous T-72/T-90 Experts, Gur Khan Attack has just post his conclusion about Which T-90MS kit is the better choice now. Whole article was written in Russian but with Google translator we can generally understand what he said and the reason of his conclusion. If any friends here can understand Russian, can't be better to translate it to help ppl who still struggling to make a choice.
original post

Here is the translation (poor):

"In connection with the release of the model T-90MS obr.2011goda just two manufacturers: Trempetera and Tiger model, many modelers have questions about its accuracy and copy number. To estimate can suggest a few renderings 3D-model, which I consider the most accurate in terms of geometry. Can be perverted, will drive them to the scale and imposing casting.
Sam know that this insanity, but I he did not spared - succumbed to the craze and put on view from the top of the casting tower Trump - differences there, but very small (compared only the general outline and dimensions). I must say, such a coincidence I was seriously surprised: "hell, but as Sir ?!" Now anyone can check and model of the Tigris. I it is not acquired. Additionally give a selection of photos in high the cut in order to see how the various attachment were performed on a real machine, wiring and other small things. In general I can say that Trump did also steers - for dorogyuschim Tiger chase is not worth ... Successful simulation!"

Whatever that means...I can't tell if he did a side by side comparison? It might be a better comparison to have a side x side x Diagram comparison.
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 - 01:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

original post

Here is the translation (poor):

"In connection with the release of the model T-90MS obr.2011goda just two manufacturers: Trempetera and Tiger model, many modelers have questions about its accuracy and copy number. To estimate can suggest a few renderings 3D-model, which I consider the most accurate in terms of geometry. Can be perverted, will drive them to the scale and imposing casting.
Sam know that this insanity, but I he did not spared - succumbed to the craze and put on view from the top of the casting tower Trump - differences there, but very small (compared only the general outline and dimensions). I must say, such a coincidence I was seriously surprised: "hell, but as Sir ?!" Now anyone can check and model of the Tigris. I it is not acquired. Additionally give a selection of photos in high the cut in order to see how the various attachment were performed on a real machine, wiring and other small things. In general I can say that Trump did also steers - for dorogyuschim Tiger chase is not worth ... Successful simulation!"

Whatever that means...I can't tell if he did a side by side comparison? It might be a better comparison to have a side x side x Diagram comparison.

Wow. That is an awkward translation. Gotta love these web base translation programs.
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 - 02:09 AM UTC
Yea, I'm not what he trying to say based on that translation either.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 - 09:25 AM UTC
Hi;

"Well"--After reading this about thirty times, I think they Prefer the Trumpeter offering. As it seem they did not like the Tiger's turret for some reason or another !
Well that is what I think they were saying. !!!!

CHEERS; MIKE.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 - 10:07 AM UTC
The pictures attached the original article clear some of the fog around the translation. Trumpeter did a better job getting the angles on the turret and depicting how things are attached to it.

He expresses amazement that the other company missed such details when there are so many depictions. It's as if they didn't bother to look at the real thing from above.

I don't read Russian but I am very good at reading between the lines and discerning meaning from tortured grammar. This isn't as bad as some term papers I have seen from native English speakers.
Removed by original poster on 12/13/16 - 23:22:01 (GMT).
aleluya
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 09:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The pictures attached the original article clear some of the fog around the translation. Trumpeter did a better job getting the angles on the turret and depicting how things are attached to it.

He expresses amazement that the other company missed such details when there are so many depictions. It's as if they didn't bother to look at the real thing from above.

I don't read Russian but I am very good at reading between the lines and discerning meaning from tortured grammar. This isn't as bad as some term papers I have seen from native English speakers.

Thank you for the explanation!
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 02:50 PM UTC
I think I'd rather the get Trumpeter version. The TM kit is way overpriced.
stephane
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 04:36 PM UTC
Hello
Since Gur Khan is working with Meng on their modern russian subject i'll wait a bit.

I heard that the owner of TM was a member of Meng R&D staff who leaved with most of documentations. I hopes Gur Khan is totally fair when judging TM kits since TM uses his references without his approuval.

I likes all these new russian vehicles!!!!
Blucop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 262 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 06:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello
Since Gur Khan is working with Meng on their modern Russian subject I'll wait a bit.

I heard that the owner of TM was a member of Meng R&D staff who leaved with most of documentations. I hopes Gur Khan is totally fair when judging TM kits since TM uses his references without his approval.

I likes all these new Russian vehicles!!!!

That is interesting. Bias playing a role in the review? Who would have thought that would happen (sarcasm) I already have the TM version, I'll build it sometime soon and maybe, just maybe, get the Trumpy kit later.
sasha_meua
Visit this Community
Lviv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 06:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

As it seem they did not like the Tiger's turret for some reason or another !

I'm sorry to disappoint you but it's far from what Gur Khan means. Let me translate it for you.
So, in 2 words: he roughly compared the render with Trump turret and he is amazed by the conformity. But he compared just overall sizes and contours, that's all. Considering the Tiger model: he didn't compare it as he hasn't bought it yet. But everyone is welcome to do it him/herself using the render and detail photos.
And he concludes that there is no need to persuade very expensive Tiger model having such accurate Trump model.

So once again - Gur Khan stated nothing about accuracy of Tiger model, just 2 cents about its price.
Wierdy
Visit this Community
Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 570 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 06:42 PM UTC
I shall chime in if I am allowed...
Khlopotov said the following:
There are 3d renders which, as he believes, are the most accurate representation of the actual thing. Having Trumpeter kit on hands, he put some of its turret parts against those 3d's. To his surprise, there is an almost complete match between the two. He doesn't have the Tiger kit yet, so he can't judge on it as of yet...
Just an FYI: in his earlier post here
http://gurkhan.blogspot.com/2016/11/72-44.html
he leans towards Tiger kit before Trumpeter having access to none...

HTH, Paul
Wierdy
Visit this Community
Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 570 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 06:47 PM UTC
And here is a build logon the Tiger kit:
http://panzer35.ru/forum/45-17232-1
It goes together with no issues at all, but the Slats have too much flesh on them, PE is needed...
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 07:47 PM UTC
I was only translating the tortured grammar of the Google translate text. Just excuse my ignorance and presumption in offering anything.

stephane
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 10:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

[
I'm sorry to disappoint you but it's far from what Gur Khan means. Let me translate it for you.
So, in 2 words: he roughly compared the render with Trump turret and he is amazed by the conformity. But he compared just overall sizes and contours, that's all. Considering the Tiger model: he didn't compare it as he hasn't bought it yet. But everyone is welcome to do it him/herself using the render and detail photos.
And he concludes that there is no need to persuade very expensive Tiger model having such accurate Trump model.

So once again - Gur Khan stated nothing about accuracy of Tiger model, just 2 cents about its price.

Hello
Thanks for the help, at least your translation match the one i get using google translator from russian to french
 _GOTOTOP