_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Early Armor
WWI and other early tanks and armored cars.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Meng Mk.A Whippet
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 - 11:45 PM UTC
Anyone built this kit yet?
I seen it on Amazon this morning and it was £21.95 now down to £20.36,is it worth it.
Me109G
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 170 posts
Armorama: 138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:17 AM UTC
It's a very nice kit. I built it earlier this year and had no problems. The fit and detail are top notch. The construction of the crew compartment is a little unusual in that you bend the sides and then glue them. It makes sense when you are looking at the kit/instructions. It worried me initially, but I found I didn't have any issues with it. Take your time and it'll be no problem. Other than that, it's a very nice kit and is reasonably priced!
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:29 AM UTC
Its a really nice kit. It doesn't have the side bins seen on some Whippets, however. Panzershop makes a detail set that includes them for only about $9 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-A-Mk-A-Whippet-detail-resin-set-1-35-PanzerShop-MENG-PS35261-/162135852541?hash=item25c00cc5fd:g:3QgAAOSwFNZWyvWA
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:45 AM UTC
Thanks lads,I went and ordered the kit as I seem to be into WW1 stuff at the moment and it's about half the price as the Takom kit.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Armorama: 859 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 08:38 AM UTC
Currently building one, goes together very nicely. Be careful when building the fighting compartment and you won't need any putty at all on this one. Only niggle is the anemic looking string they give you for the tow cables, easily replaced. There were two things that made me choose this over Takom. One, the axles are molded to one of the side pieces, making mounting the wheels easy. Takom has you trap the wheels between the two side pieces. Went through that with the Mark IV, no fun. Secondly, the hooks for mounting the tow cables are plastic as opposed to PE in the Takom kit. Better looking in my opinion and Meng supplies a few extra in case you lose one to the carpet monster. For some odd reason Meng supplies various markings on the decal sheet, but makes no mention of them in the instructions, which show only two markings options. Al
 _GOTOTOP