Hosted by Darren Baker
My New TOY!!
jejack2
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 322 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 02:01 PM UTC
After convincing my wife that I needed a new toy (read: model) to go with the new model room I will have once we move into our new house (not soon enough), she LET me buy an 1/16 R/C Pershing. Not only does my King Tiger now have an opponent, but my 1/35 Pershing now has a big brother!! Can't wait to get building!!

(seen here next to the 1/35 Tamiya Pershing)

Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 02:19 PM UTC
That certainly is one heck of a "toy"!
Cudos to your wife!
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 02:29 PM UTC
mwahaha! but it has allready been sighted by MY king tiger! MWAHAHAHAHA!! say goodbye to mr.pershing!! :-)

pershing> panzerfaust>
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 398 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 12:53 PM UTC
wow!that thing looks huge next to the 1-35th scale version!!!!your a lucky man my wife would kill me if i brought that beast home...
jejack2
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 01:14 PM UTC
Yeah I got lucky with my wife. I already own the 1/16 King Tiger, its currently under repair (needs repainting), now this puppy!! Also, (and much to my surprise and delight) she is okay with my purchasing the other 2 Tamiya R/C tanks (Shermie and Tiger I) WOOHOO...I figure spend while I can, before the lit'luns come along!!
Tankleader
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 718 posts
Armorama: 684 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 01:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah I got lucky with my wife. I already own the 1/16 King Tiger, its currently under repair (needs repainting), now this puppy!! Also, (and much to my surprise and delight) she is okay with my purchasing the other 2 Tamiya R/C tanks (Shermie and Tiger I) WOOHOO...I figure spend while I can, before the lit'luns come along!!

I was a good boy last year and managed to get the 1/16th Tiger and the Pershing, I'm adding the finishing touches to the Pershing now.

Tanks Out
Andy
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 03:00 PM UTC
WOW THATS HUGE!!!! I was contemplating getting the sherman for my B-day, but i decided i would wait till some veitnam era RC Armour in this scale came out, is there any? Do you build them as RC or just models? also do they come with the remote? cheers have fun!
jejack2
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 03:48 PM UTC
Tankleader, would love to see pics, if you have means with which to take em!

Lestweforget, I build them to play with, but have every intention of giving it the full treatment like my 1/35 models (weathering and all). Unfortunately they don't come with the Transmitter/reciever, or battery and charger. A four channel radio (you can use the sherman w/ 2ch.) and batteries and charger ran me less than $200. I'm also into R/C so I already had the batteries (was just addin em in for $$ sake) As for Vietnam era stuff, I don't think Tamiya has any. All I know of from big "T" is Tiger I, Tiger II, Sherman, and the Pershing. I hear they are planning on releasing a Leopard (which version I don't know) now if only I could convice them to make a T-34!!
 _GOTOTOP