_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Now stocking HANSA SYSTEMS
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 07:15 PM UTC
AFter hearing and seeing the Hansa Systems kits in MMiR and Finescale, I contacted the company and set up my dealer account with an opening order. The stuff is pretty darn fantastic, and allows you to build walls, buildings... you name it! it includes a complete line of windows, doors, rafters, bricks, street sections, gutters, drain pipes... the list goes on and on. Best of all, the stuff is quite inexpensive (most things sell for 3 to 7 dollars), and you get a LOT of stuff for that price. Another neat thing... the pieces are all made out of the same plastic used by the model companies... meaning it is easy to assemble, glue, and tinker around with, because it locks together like 1:35 scale "lego" blocks... once you get the look right, just glue it together.

Don is posting the inventory to the website this week and next.... I have not been able to find Hansa products available for reivew or purchase ANYWHERE on the internet.... so Scalemilitary will be the first and only place to peek, purchase and play... at least for now.

I'll alert everyone once everthing is posted and ready for review!
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 07:31 PM UTC
It seems to be pretty interesting for us diorama Builders. I hope that soon you can have a review of them with some pictures and also , post a price catalogue!!! Good work on searching !!!!
boatswain
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 11:34 PM UTC
Sounds like some cool stuff.

Looking forward to seeing the posts on your site.

matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 11:58 PM UTC
WaHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 12:49 AM UTC
It will be great to get a better idea what this stuff looks like. I've been curious about the ads in magazines for years, but there were never any pics to see exactly what you get for your money. I look forward to seeing the kits on your website!
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2004 - 07:06 AM UTC
Yes... finally the "world will know Hansa" with pictures. They also offer complete kits, but frankly, I think most people would prefer to build their own concepts rather than do a specific kit.... agreed? I plan to post photos of completed buildings only for reference sake - but could always special order them if someone actually wants to build a specific kit. Of course, I will also post some of my own creations... working on a Reichstag facing right now... about 8,000 peices!

Interesting point from a model builders point of view... these pieces are so detailed, it is nothing for a completed house (4 sided, no damage) to have 2,000 - 3,000 pieces. Of course, they go together quiclkly and can be "dry built" before you commit to glue... still - some of the roof plates alone can easliy have 500-750 individual shingles....

VERY FUN STUFF!
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2004 - 07:10 AM UTC
The pics i got from a Buddy

Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 03:38 AM UTC
Windows, doors, and arcitechtural pieces for dios would be a great line to get into. Building the house walls and shapes are part of the fun, but what takes away from most of the effort is the lack of scale detailed parts like this. I, for one, would be very interested.
Would love to see pictures of this stuff.... Im sure it could be the start of something big Keith. Please keep us updated!
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 12:12 AM UTC
Another couple "finished" pics

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=78970&messageid=1077593605
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 12:25 AM UTC
So Keith when do you plan to demostrate them on your site and start selling out ?
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 07:16 AM UTC
Does this only come with cinderblocks or will it have other types of building blocks i.e. bricks?
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 07:24 AM UTC
I think it depends on the set as to the type of "blocks"
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 12:00 PM UTC
I believe that Don has posted the parts and price list of the hansa stuff on our website, but i can't check for sure... My laptop is down,and this hotel room "tv internet" sucks too much to actaually go look. i spoke with Nellie (the owners wife) and she is supposed to send me photos for the items, which I will post as soon as I receive them. For now, you can at last see what parts are available. i wll also be posting some how to video MPEGS on the site to show how the system works. anyone care to goto the site and check the page out for me?
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 12:17 PM UTC
Just checked. The listings and prices are there, but no pictures yet.
Keith´s homepage . Then click on "inventory" and then "hansa systems".
Sounds great. 1000 interlocking bricks for $12 sounds very attractive. Cant wait to see the windows, shutters, manhole covers and doors. Should make scratchbuilding buildings, quicker and more detailed.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 03:29 PM UTC
prices semm more than affordable for so much stuff!!! come on post some pictures !!!! we re waiting
 _GOTOTOP