_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Does the U.S. Wear Tropical Multicam Pattern?
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 07:12 AM UTC
I know that U.S. soldiers wear this version of Multicam:
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1u16GKXXXXXcUXpXXq6xXFXXXW/CP-Color-Tactical-font-b-military-b-font-airsoft-army-camouflage-combat-font-b-uniform-b.jpg

But does any U.S. Special Forces soldier wear the "Tropical Multicam" pattern with more green? How about government "Direct Action" agents?
http://image.rakuten.co.jp/wip03/cabinet/item/tu/j0/tuj020014105_1.jpg

Thanks in advance.
BlancoDiablo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 05:33 PM UTC
Sorry, I guess I didn't read it fully at first. Special Forces teams on deployment can wear basically whatever they deem necessary for their mission, as long as the team Sergeant and team Captain on the ground approve it. Some of the guys I was supporting on my last deployment did indeed have their personal sets of tropical Multicams that they wore on missions.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 01:53 AM UTC
First off, MultiCam is not an official US Military camo pattern. It is the commercial pattern that the current OCP (Operational Camo Pattern) is loosely based on. Also, the uniform cut that you linked to is not an official cut either. The pockets are wrong, among other things. I am guessing they are from an airsoft website.

The uniform itself is the ACU (Army Combat Uniform). It has the lower leg and upper arm pockets with velcro for unit patches and zipper closures for the arm pockets; velcro flaps for the leg pockets. The current camo pattern is OCP.

The older UCP (Universal Camo Pattern) ACU is still authorized for wear until Sep 30, 2019 as well.

These are the only uniforms authorized for wear by the regular US Army.Special Ops do have more leeway on their uniforms, but I have never seen any wear the green one you liked too. The other services have their own patterns as well, but none wear the green one you show either.

Jack_Turmoil
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 04:11 AM UTC
I think Gino gave a great reply. I would add that "Direct Action" folks would generally be wearing whatever the locals are. This would mainly be members of DevGru, Delta & SAD on covert operations. As for Multicam...you would see it in ACU & even BDU cuts, worn by JSOC units. On JSOC operations, like raids and hostage rescues, generally everyone wears at least the same colors/patterns, as this can help to decrease blue on blue incidents. I though Tropical Multicam was just Crye trying to cash in on the success of their original pattern, for the civilian market. However, as Jeff points, out, he has seen it. In the world of covert action and Special Ops, anything is possible. Are you making a diorama or just individual figures?
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 06:29 AM UTC
I think tropical Multicam would be easier to paint tham regular OCP. One can probably get the colors more accurate with tropical Multicam as OCP tends to have the pastel green shift to khaki color depending on the amount of light reflected off the OCP uniform.
 _GOTOTOP