_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Lokomotive Baureihe BR52 - 1/35 by Trumpter,
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 240 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 05:34 PM UTC
Hello,

here we start the next big project. It is the steam loco BR-52 of the Germans, built during WW2, but used also later after the war from the "Deutsche Bahn". I will paint it in red/black, the standart color of the civil steam locos.

The Trumpeter-Kit will receive some updates. I will use the 2'2'32' Vanderbilt tender which was the one mostly used. Further more I will use 4 sets from Voyager, turned brass parts from Master and resin parts from LZ Models.

So here we go....

The frame was put together and some parts on the inside added. After some putty and sanding I have added the buffers at the front, made of turned brass parts and which are full movable

The small tanks which follow later were put together, sanded, the holding bands removed (follow with PE parts), then the surface reworked with a stiff brush and plastic glue...

Cheers
Micha
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 07:54 PM UTC
Happy New Year Micha ! This is a very ambitious project to begin the New Year off with. Good Luck ! You are off to a great start. Thanks for sharing with us ! I am going to keep my eye on this one. Where did you find DB decals to put on the civilian version ?
Prost
Tom
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 03:55 PM UTC
Hello,

I have added some more photo etched parts to the frame. All the corssmembers on the frame, which hold the boiler and the walkways later were replaced by new photo etched parts, consisting of lot of separate parts and rivets. Unfortunately there are too little rivets included in the Voyager set so that I have to search for alternatives.

The two tanks were also mounted, with some new photo etched holding bands, valves and other small parts.

The area where the fenders for the first wheels will be placed to were filled with putty, sanded. The fenders also will be replaced by PE-parts.

Cheers
Micha
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 03:56 PM UTC
Hi Tom,
Until now I do not have any decals for it yet ... still looking around......
Cheers
Michael
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 05:45 PM UTC
Thanks Michael for checking. All of that brass scares me ! But it's looking good ! Please keep posting pictures and I'll keep being amazed !

Tom
 _GOTOTOP